Chapter 5.

Six months ago

You were laying on the couch, staring at the ceiling fan as it continued to move in its repetitive circling motion, sending down a much needed current of air to combat the dry, summer heat. You had just gotten home from work and besides shedding the blazer you had worn on top of your blouse and pulling off the tights you had donned underneath your skirt, you continued to lazily lay in your work clothes. You had planned to watch some television, but the remote was no where to be found. Daichi had, but of course, misplaced it somewhere once again. If he kept this up, you'd need to figure out a solution because it was becoming quite the problem when you wanted to watch things down here. Your phone was buzzing on the coffee table, receiving random text message after text message for the last few minutes. There were only three people who would continue to text you even when you didn't reply...Daichi, Kuroo, and your mom. You groaned as you finally got up and reached out towards the phone. Two out of the three right.

*Read from bottom up as these are lock screen texts*

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

You smiled after reading Daichi's texts. The last few weeks had definitely been hard on the both of you, but he had been nothing but supportive and a hundred percent there for you. You had thrown yourself into work and hadn't even stopped to ask yourself how he was doing, but as always, he still thought of you first. Only typical that Kuroo would invite himself, Alisa, Kenma, and Sugawara along as well. You don't mind it though. If there's anyone you'd want to be around while you're trying to find your footing again, it's those guys. You send a quick reply to Daichi to let him know you're up for the plans before sending an eye rolling emoji to Kuroo. Until dinner came around, you decided to call Alisa and talk with her while you folded the heaps of laundry that awaited you upstairs. You hadn't realized it with how busy you had made yourself, but you were missing her just as much.

--

A few hours later, you looked at yourself in the reflection of the vanity in your room. Your make-up was mostly done naturally, finished with a dark red lip stain, and your hair sat in loose curls on your shoulders. You stepped back and did a twirl in front of the mirror to make sure you didn't miss a spot on your dress when you steamed it moments ago. Nope. Looked perfect. The rather large breakthrough Daichi had wanted to celebrate involved you having done some of your own detective work and finding a witness for the case you were working on. With a little help from Superintendent Imai, paperwork for pushing the trial back a week so that you could prepare the witness had successfully gone through, most likely giving you your best chance to make or break the case. In accordance with how big this was, Daichi had made reservations for dinner at one of the nicest restaurants in Tokyo. How he had done this so last minute was beyond you, but he had been right. Dressing up had done well for your mood. You had gone with a chic black, one shouldered long sleeve, floor-length dress for the evening. It hugged your curves in all the right spots and gracefully flowed to the floor once it reached the thigh slit on your left side. You grabbed the red heels you had taken out to wear and made your way downstairs where you could hear Daichi causing a commotion in the living room.