Chapter 7.

Two and a half years ago

"Nori, get up from your desk. You're taking your lunch break with me today."

You stared at the dark, messy haired figure who had stormed into your office. Your secretary had straggled in behind him, explanations of how you were busy and had asked not to be disturbed dying on her lips as she glanced at the death glare you were giving him.

"What do you want? I'm busy, Kuroo," you groaned as you put the sandwich you were about to bite into down on your desk and paused the show you had put on. You normally had to rush your lunch in between meetings with clients. Sometimes you never even got the chance to eat until much later in the day. For the first time in weeks you finally didn't have anything scheduled and thought you could enjoy a quiet lunch, but of course, Kuroo had to barge in.

"If you're going to lie, at least make it convincing," Kuroo rolled his eyes. "Don't worry Sora, I'll have your boss back before her meeting in an hour and fifteen," he motioned towards your secretary, urging her to get back to her desk before closing the door behind her.

"And how do you know I have a meeting in an hour and fifteen minutes," you skeptically looked at him with your eyebrows raised.

"Your calendar," he casually explained as he sat down in front of you.

"What? How do you have access to my calendar?"

"I signed into your Apple ID."

"WHAT! Kuroo! You can't do that!"

"I can't? But I just did. If you really didn't want me to sign in to know your schedule, shouldn't keep using different variations of your Netflix password for all your things."

"Why can't you just ask me what my schedule is like a normal person instead of doing something excessive like that?"

"I've been trying to, but I can't ask around Alisa. That's hard now that she's moved back in with us, and you two are joined at the hip on most days. Even Daichi was complaining about it....beside the point. I couldn't even risk sending you a text to ask about your schedule since you're mentally insane and let all of your texts just show on your lock screen like the animal you are."

"What does Alisa have anything to do with you very clearly stalking my schedule?"

He let out a huge grin as you continued to look at him confused.

"I'm going to propose. I picked out a ring, but I want you to come with me to make sure it's the one before I buy it."

"WHAT! Oh my god! Congratulations! Wow, this is amazing! I better have been the first to know!"

"Naturally."

"Let's go! I need to see!" you exclaimed as you pushed your seat back from the desk, grabbed your uneaten sandwich in one hand, and Kuroo with the other before dragging him out of your office.

"I'll be back in about an hour. Just email me any messages I receive, thank you," you say to a startled Sora as you rush past her, Kuroo still in tow. "I want every detail! How, when, where? You better make it perfect, Kuroo, or I'll say no on her behalf."

"Who do you take me for?" he smirked as you hopped into the passenger seat of his car.

--

"What...what happened?" you heard a groan from next to you. You were shaking, but you pulled yourself away from where you were curled up against him for his warmth to get a better look at his face.

"How are you feeling?" you ask.

"Like my head is about to split open....w...wait. Nori. Nori it's you! Oh God, do you know how worried we've all been," he cried out as he attempted to wrap his arms around you only to be stopped by his taped hands.