Chapter 6.

"No one saw me! I don't care if this wasn't the plan. Your plan was taking too long!"

Whose voice is that? Slowly, your senses started coming back to you one by one, but along with your senses, so did the pain. Your eyes were still closed, but you listened to the loud yet muffled voice frustratingly yelling, trying to make sense of it. Why's he the only one yelling? Who's he talking to? You were lying on something soft, but your body was bruised and felt stiff.

"You will continue to cover my ass....Why? Because, I would hate for something to happen to your precious obsession, freak."

He's probably on the phone. Your throat burned, and you tried to swallow in vain. Your mouth was dry with lips cracked and tender. The aftertaste of iron began to overwhelm your senses. You slowly blinked your eyes open. Bright light engulfed you, leaving you in a daze. Your body hurt, and you let out a small cough, the sudden jolt making you groan. Were you dreaming? You had been hungry and came downstairs to warm up food. What happened after that? You realized the light surrounding you was coming from the sun's rays shining through a single window to your left. The view showed you were eye level with the tops of nearby trees, so the room you were in was probably on the second floor at least. You're on a bed that's covered in plain, white sheets. You attempt to sit up, but as you go to move your arms, you notice your wrists are duct taped together. You look down at your legs and realize they're also duct taped. Your body's flight or fight response kicked in as your heart rate sped up, and you broke out in a cold sweat. The image of the masked man in your kitchen flashed through your mind. You remembered now. You remembered how you had struggled against him, but he had still rendered your unconscious. Being completely awake now, you looked around at your surroundings and found nothing familiar. Where did he bring you and why? The walls were wooden planks, a closed door stood in front of you, the bed you were laying on sat in the middle of the room, and next to it sat an unadorned nightstand. There was nothing else.

"Yes, fine. I'll go get it done right now. No, she's still out. It'll only take me thirty minutes. I'll be back before she wakes up."

The muffled voice seemed to be getting closer as you heard footsteps on the other side of the wall. The door began to jiggle, as if the person was putting a key in to open it before another sound of something scraping could be heard, possibly a deadbolt. You put your head back down and closed your eyes to pretend to still be unconscious as the door swung open. Your heart began to race, and you prayed for it not to give you away. The footsteps edged closer. Suddenly, you felt cold, strong fingers roughly grasp your chin as if inspecting to see if you were awake or not. It took all you could to not wince at the touch. The person must have been satisfied with your acting because they pushed your face away before leaving as quickly as they came. The door was closed behind them, and the sound of the deadbolt sliding shut and the click of another lock could be heard before their footsteps retreated away. Who was he? You had wanted to peek at the individual's face but didn't think it was worth the risk of them realizing you were awake. There was something about that voice that had sounded familiar, you just couldn't place it. Holding your breath, you listened for more signs of movement or talking. Less than a minute later, a car roared to life outside, and the sound faded as they drove away. You continued to stay silent, wondering if there was anyone else remaining. After deeming that you were, in fact, alone, you quickly swung yourself up to a sitting position. Your head felt like it was going to split open from the pain. Another groan escaped you as your sore body didn't appreciate the sudden movements, but you ignored it.

You brought your wrists up to inspect how they had been taped. You smiled as you realized they were bound exactly how you needed them to be. You had thirty minutes according to the voice you heard, maybe even less. You needed to be quick. You took a deep breath as you raised your arms over your head and tightened your core. One...two....THREE! Holding your breath, you shoved your elbows down past either side of your ribs, bringing your bound wrists towards your ribcage as hard as you could. White, hot pain spread across your torso and up your arms as you felt the air get knocked out of you. You grunted as you fell back onto the bed, clutching at your ribs and coughing. As lousy as the pain currently was, it had worked. You grinned as you looked at your now separated wrists. Using your ribs as a wedge to force your wrists apart had allowed you to successfully split the duct tape. Your skin where the tape had ripped open was red and even slightly bleeding, but you would survive. You winced as you pulled the remnants of the tape off your wrist before moving on to break the tape on your legs. You stood and positioned your feet in a way that kept the tape as tense as possible before shoving your arms between your knees as forcefully as you could. With a jerk, your knees pushed apart, splitting the tape on your legs as well. You were still wearing the same clothes from the night you had been taken--Daichi's boxers, his under shirt, and his TMPD sweatshirt. The tape had been put directly on the skin of your legs, and you could now feel the burning from where the skin had gotten irritated and pulled at from the force. Again, you ignored it as you removed the remnants of the tape.