Chapter 11.

"Yea, I already called the news channels and told them what you told me to...gave them the address and everything and then got rid of the phone too. I'll be waiting in the garage...No, won't take long at all. Probably be there in about five minutes.......I know. I'm not stupid. You just deal with your shit because my stuff is taken care of," Haku growled through the phone. He didn't bother to wait for a reply and instead pressed the end button before the person on the other end could say anything else and piss him off even more.

"Who was that? Where are you taking me? You'll let Kuroo go, right? Please don't hurt him anymore...He won't tell a soul anything! I promise he won't," an annoying voice from the passenger seat immediately filled his ears after he put the phone down. This bitch.

"You're not in any position to make pleas. If you keep buggin' the shit out of me, lil ole Tetsu's not gonna like what he ends up getting," he snarled, tired of the constant bullshit the woman in the passenger seat had brought into his life. Nori Sawamura had managed to singlehandedly turn his peace into a living nightmare after she had tricked Yue into going against him.

From when he first laid eyes on Yue, Haku had known she was the one. She was beautiful, and every man who saw her wanted her. It came at no surprise that she had chosen to be with Haku out of all her suiters...He was the best, after all. When they first got married, things were perfect. Yue was a good, obedient wife in every way, but slowly....she began to change. Looking back, maybe it had been a cry for attention because he had been spending more time out of the house than in, but she couldn't hold that against him. Being stuck at home all day was not something he enjoyed doing. It was boring, and yes, it was true she wasn't a fan of when he met other women at the bars and clubs he often visited, but at the end of the day, he came home to her. What more could she ask of him? He provided money, a roof over her head, and protection from the lewd dangers of the world. She had a secure and stable environment, the least she could do was make sure the house was clean, dinner was ready, and simply listen to him. She always had a sheltered life so she didn't know how the world worked. Even with how good she had it, it hadn't stopped her from acting out against him.

When she would make him angry, he often blacked out with frustration. Even so, he always came home the next day with flowers or her favorite chocolates. He didn't have to do any of that. It had always been her fault to begin with, but he still did those things because he loved her. Even so, her acts of rebellion began to grow more and more bold by the day. He had caught her trying to call her old friends on more than one occasion which had brought police officers to their door twice. Luckily, she had regained her senses and told the officers nothing was wrong. This had prompted him to immediately cut the internet and the land line to their house. He even took the iPad he had bought for her birthday away from her. He hadn't wanted to do any of those things, but she had shown him that she was vulnerable to being easily manipulated by outsiders who didn't even have any idea of what their relationship was like. They had no idea how much Haku loved her. They only focused on the bad things and tried to convince her of that. They were just jealous because they couldn't have what he and Yue had. However, when Yue became pregnant, that's when she really changed.

--

"I can...do this...No need...to take me to the door," Haku slurred to the man who was helping him walk to the front door of his house, his arm pulled around the man's shoulders as he carried Haku's weight.

"I got you, man. You overdid it again. If I leave you, you'll probably fall asleep in your front yard, and that'll just be more trouble for your wife," the man chuckled as he knocked on the door.

After a few moments, the door opened to reveal a startled Yue dressed in her pajamas as she took in the scene in front of her.

"Hello, Mrs. Hoshi! I'm so sorry to be meeting you for the first time like this, but this guy right here had just a little bit too much tonight so I had to see him home."