4: Its Only The Beginning

Jun had never expected the bar to have a room like this, but he wasn't complaining. The dressing room must have been for performers at some point. There were about 6 swiveling makeup chairs in front of mirrors lined with lights. It felt like something out of a movie and was surprisingly well maintained. 

He himself was sitting at one of the chairs in between big sis Mag and Toga. Toga was pinning her buns in place while staring intently at her reflection. Apparently the hairstyle took more effort than he had thought. 

Villains were a lot more vain than he had thought, honestly. Dabi had eyeliner on for gods sake. Jun started to wonder how much of this attack was just looking cool. 

Going with the flow, he took in his own reflection. He had eye bag but it wasn't due to lack of sleep. Everyone in his family just looked tired 24/7. His grey hair was longer than it had been in a while. He was supposed to have it cut the day after he ran away. His mom liked it short, like buzz cut short. 

Oh god his mom. He hadn't thought about her in a little while now. He didn't want to. But it was impossible to look at himself and not see her. She was pretty. Emphasis on the was. When he was little, she was the envy of all other moms at his school. She looked too young to be a mother, despite being the same age as them. 

Then she got sick. Jun had liked it at first when her hair turned from brown to grey. It looked like his. But then her eyes became sunken and her cheek bones poked. 

And he became second to the medication. 

Knowing what he knows now not all of the pills she took were things she had to. The only time he had ever been hit by her was when he bought a pill organizer and tried to sort them. She had slapped him and pushed him back. 

'D-don't touch those' She had scolded, her voice tight in her throat, 'you can't touch those. They're for adults'. 

What started as an innocent illness had turned into a pain killer addiction, even if she never admitted it. 

"Hey, earth to hot-shot. Do you want some eyeliner too? I just finished Toga's?" Dabi asked, looking Jun in the eyes through the mirror. He shrugged and Dabi took that as a yes. 

"Get your pretty boy shit somewhere else." Shigaraki groaned from where he was arranging his hands. "This is a mission not a beauty contest!". 

"But if it was I would win." Bis sis Mag said with a smirk. Shigaraki just sighed. "Can everyone just put their shoes on so we can go? Its already dark." The leader said, herding people out of the room. 

Jun put his hand up and smiled smugly. "I'm not wearing shoes though." He announced. Shigaraki flicked his forehead, luckily not messing up the eyeliner Dabi was still applying. 

------ ----- ------ ------- -------- ------- ------- ------ ------- 

The warp gate/smoke portal thingy was weird. It make Jun feel a little disoriented at first and he stumbled a little on the grass. God it felt good being outside the city. The air was clean and since he really wasn't wearing shoes he could feel the grass under his feet move with the wind. He felt so alive. 

"Hey Jun." Dabi said, stepping through the gate moments after, side by side with Toga. "We're going out tagging after this if its a success and we don't die or get arrested. You wanna come?". Jun had no idea what tagging was, but if the older league members did it, it had to be cool. So he nodded enthusiastically. 

"Alright." Shigaraki said, finally commanding his follower's attention. "If we can successfully kidnap and convert Bakugou Katsuki to our cause we will gain a great asset. That is our focus.".