20: Pace Yourself

Depravity. That was how one would describe how Jun had been living after the U.A incident. 

They had burned the place to the ground as promised. According to the news the casualty count was 15 injured, 1 dead. They already knew someone had died though. Jun couldn't help but worry that Katsuki was one of the injured students, but he knew that the blonde was too careful to let that happen. 

He had destroyed his phone. He chucked it into a random family's garbage bins after smashing beyond repair and removing its trashed memory card. He didn't care that it could incriminate him, but it needed to be untraceable to protect Katsuki. 

God was all he could think about Katsuki? Was that really all his head had in it? 

"Are you gonna sit there all day?" Toga asked, not even looking up from the book she had in her hand. Surprisingly Toga liked reading classic literature, but to make it a challenge she would read them upside down. Either that or Toga was using them like props but Kurogiri had questioned her on it and she seemed to know her stuff. 

"Maybe." Jun answered honestly. The weather was surprisingly hot despite winter's quickening approach. 

The league wasn't safe in Masutafu. They shut the whole city down after the attack on U.A, desperate to get their hands on the people responsible. They didn't of course, everyone escaped, but they kept the search going so they had to leave the city. 

Currently they were staying in a traditional style Japanese house in the countryside. Dabi had secured it apparently, which was more than a little suspicious. Jun had an idea who the house might belong to but he didn't want to say it. It wasn't his business after all. 

"If you spend all day lying down on the outdoor walkways you'll die of exposure." Toga said, putting some shoes on and walking towards the garden at the back of the house, presumably to keep reading. 

"Good." Jun said, groaning as he rolled over to face the house. Toga just laughed and walked off, Jun took a deep breath. He still didn't feel like moving or doing much of anything today. Maybe not tomorrow either. 

"How's the wound around your head?" Another voice asked. Jun startled, not expecting anyone else to be there. He turned and saw Shigaraki standing over him, a somewhat concerned look on his face. 

That was another weird thing. It was like him getting kidnapped had unlocked some sort of big brother instinct in Shigaraki. Jun couldn't go 2 hours without having the leader check his bandages or asking him if he wants to talk about it, which he did not

"Its fine." Jun said, sitting up, "Barely hurts anymore.". Shigaraki nodded but his face looked conflicted. "Dabi wanted me to ask you about him." The leader revealed, "The guy who answered the phone.". 

The grey haired teen tensed up. "You can't keep us in the dark forever." Shigaraki said simply. Jun scoffed. "There's thousands of things you all keep from me, why can't it go both ways?" He asked, his voice already stressed. 

"Because we're not kids." Shigaraki said, a slight smile on his face. "Since teacher's been imprisoned I've realized that I'm in charge and that means more than just planning attacks. You're young Jun, arguably too young. We're all worried that if you start keeping things inside at your age you'll end up like the rest of us.". 

"What's wrong with being like you guys? That's what I wanted. That's why I joined." Jun said, a little confused. Shigaraki sighed. 

"Just go talk to Dabi.". 

------ ------ ------- -------- --------- --------- -------- ------- 

"Bakugou, talk to me." Aizawa said. He was sitting in a chair next to Bakugou's bed where his student lay, fully dressed but hiding under the covers.