27: When All Is Said And Done

Toga's flight had left earlier that day and Jun's boat was leaving now. Somehow despite being bigger than her physically he had felt so small in her arms when they hugged goodbye, promising to find a way to keep in touch. 

Most of the other had already left so now it was just Touya, Tomura and Kurogiri there to see him off. 

The four of them sat in the car at the docks in silence. It was like if they didn't speak, they would never have to let Jun go. 

Finally Kurogiri broke the silence. "You have cash right? The account has been drained and shut down." He asked. Jun nodded and held up a plain black wallet stuffed to the brim with untraceable visa gift cards and cash. The smoke villain nodded and fiddled with the steering wheel. 

They fell into silence again. It was so quiet in comparison to just an hour earlier when there had been crackling flames and shouts and screams. 

"I can't believe you had sex with my brother!" Touya said, unable to contain himself any more. Jun blushed bright red. "And you told the old bastard and me at the same time! When did this happen? How did this happen?!". 

Jun fiddled with his fingers. "We met at a library and uh...we started talking and he's very cute-" "Just because he's cute? You fucking bastard, you only wanted him for his looks?!" Dabi roared. 

"No!" Jun squeaked. "For both of us it was out of rebellion! Besides, he was the one who approached me about it! He liked how I looked while kissing someone else!". 

"That fucking bastard only wanted you for your looks?!" The villain said, in much the same tone as the first shout. Shigaraki smacked him on the shoulder and sighed, exasperated. 

"Can't you just rationalize this in your head? They're both old enough to do this stuff, it doesn't hurt anyone." The leader said. Touya gritted his teeth. 

"I just want them both to be okay." The burned villain said, "I also want this grimy bastard's dirty mitts off my Shoto.". Jun rolled his eyes. 

"He approached me. Not the other way around." He reminded Touya. The villain looked at him like he was dumb. 

"Then I want that icy hot bastard's dirty mitts of my Jun?" He said, like it was the obvious conclusion. The other two villains in the car sighed and groaned. 

"Okay, time to go now." Shigaraki said, waving Jun off. Jun was about to open the door when he paused. He held his hand out to Shigaraki, looking at him expectantly. 

The villain seemed to pause for a moment before taking it, loosely and without touching all his fingers to the boy's hand. Jun beamed and shook his hand lightly. "You're a great leader, Tomura." He said, his earnestness shining in his eyes. 

"Aish, this brat." Shigaraki grumbled, his cheeks tinged pink. He pulled Jun into as good a hug as he could from the passenger seat. "I'll visit you before you graduate high school.". Jun laughed. 

"Fat chance of that." He remarked, opening the car door. He shivered, it was cold enough for snow to be settling on the ground. He had heard Hokkaido was one of the snowiest places on earth. Jun was excited to see it for himself. 

"Bye!".

--------- --------- -------- -------- --------- --------- --------- -------- 

The boat ride was quiet. Only about 20 people were on the giant ship to begin with, and it seemed like everyone had gone inside already. There were no cameras on the deck, so Jun felt more comfortable sitting out in the snow, wind whipping his face. 

His hair was long enough to put in a ponytail now. That was fun. Maybe he could keep growing it out. Or dye it again. Blonde had looked nice. Maybe he should try another colour?  

There were so many choices for him to make. Where would he live? He'd have to learn to cook. Damn it, he should have asked Mr. Nagano for some of his recipes before they blew up his building in the Kamino incident. 

Whatever. He could just search it up when he got another burner phone. 

Curious and bored, Jun started rummaging through the backpack he called his life. There was a water bottle he hadn't packed, and a Ziploc bag was taped to it. Jun opened it and pulled out a small piece of paper. 

It wasn't paper. It was a photo. Jun stared in astonishment. When had this been taken? 

The first one he had picked out was a photo of Jun with everything but his face covered by a blanket. He was sitting on the floor next to Toga, throwing knives at the wall with her. Eagerly he pulled out the next photo. Kurogiri had a startled expression (if you could even call what he had expressions) as he stared at Jun, who was recoiling in fear from the toaster he had set on fire. 

Jun laughed to himself. He had been trying to help him cook. The boy was about to pull another photo out when he stopped. These were memories of his time with the league. Memories he didn't have the luxury of keeping on a cell phone or making more of anytime soon. He placed the two photos he had taken out back in the bag. 

'I'll save the rest for later' He told himself, putting the bag back in his backpack. Distantly, he wondered if they had ever gotten a picture of him and Katsuki together. Secretly, he hoped they had. As much of an invasion of privacy as it was, he wanted those memories too. 

He wanted to remember everything that had happened that year. 

The best year of his life. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(┬┬﹏┬┬)

Its over! I'm gonna miss this fic so goddamn much! 

I hope the ending seemed satisfying to all of you! I always worry that my endings seem clumsy or not concrete enough. Especially a story like this one. It deserves a complex and open ended ending. 

Don't worry, there's still the epilogue, so head on over to that once you're done the chapter! 

I think you guys will really like it (●'◡'●)

Thank you for staying tuned till the end!