7: Just Peachy

They were in an explosion site. It had to be. 

Buildings were crumbling as people about a hundred meters away fled and screamed for their lives. One by one the league members appeared around Jun, all a little confused as to what was going on. 

For the first few minutes while Shigaraki spoke to some people Jun could only think of their neighborhood. Was Mr. Nagano's restaurant okay? Was the old woman's fruit stand okay? Was someone there to help her up? 

His thoughts went on for what felt like hours as heroes moved into the area. It honestly wasn't until he heard helicopters overhead that he really started to realize that whatever was going on, he was at the center of it. 

"Put these on." Dabi said, shoving a piece of fabric and a coat into Jun's arms. It was a black mask. "So you can't be identified yet." The older villain said. 

Jun couldn't lie-he felt kind of flustered. Dabi actually cared about his identity, even if Jun himself didn't. The sentiment was all that mattered though, so he just put the mask and coat on without question. 

Toga currently had Katsuki detained. Sort of. She was holding a needle to his neck, ready to stab if he so much as flinched. 

"This is your last chance, firecracker." Jun said, trying not to let his nervousness show. Katsuki spat at him. Now that was just insulting. 

"I'll never join you." He glowered. Jun just stepped forwards, observing the hero student. Quickly, he pulled a scrap of paper out of his pocket, transferring it to Katsuki's while Toga and Dabi were distracted by the shouting. 

All Might was going to go down with...who was that? 

Once again, Dabi was seven steps ahead of Jun. "That's the boss. Well, the head boss. All For One. He's that teacher Shigaraki is constantly going off about.". Jun nodded in understanding. 

They must have all been too distracted watching the fight between the pro heroes and more league members than they had ever seen in one place to notice that Bakugou had sort of run off until the moment he was already out of reach, soaring through the sky. 

"Fuck." Jun muttered under his breath. The battled had turned into a full on war zone, the main league members being shuffled around, trying to avoid getting caught up in a fight they couldn't finish. "We have to find Kurogiri, we can't stay here.". 

"Why not?" Toga laughed, already having drained the blood from a nearby sidekick. "Because he's fighting All Might." Jun stressed the words, "He can't beat him!". 

"He'll win." Dabi said confidently, "Apparently they've fought before, and the no.1 hero's a old guy now.". Jun just shook his head. 

"I don't think All Might's going to let him win." He explained, "I don't think he's going to lose unless he dies, which is unlikely. We have to go. Now. Help me find Kurogiri.". 

"Calm down, baby villain." Toga said with a laugh. "If you're so worried, we'll take your word for it, okay? Lets go find the smokey guy!". 

---------- -------- --------- --------- ---------- -------- ------- 

"Look out!" Someone shouted. Jun's did so just in time to miss a bullet from Snipe. It soared over his head and clattered to the compacted ground, too weak to chase after its target. 

The air smaller battles between them and Kurogiri were really taking a toll on Jun. He was dehydrated already and just wished Snipe would retreat like the other heroes had been ordered too. 

Dabi formed a wall of fire between them and the pro hero, making it impossible for Snipe to aim at any of them. The trio made a break for the where Kurogiri and Shigaraki were standing. 

"We have to go." Jun panted as he skidded to stop. Toga nodded, also out of breath. "The air's hard to breath and the boss can handle this battle against All Might alone." She told him. 

Shigaraki just shook his head. "Does loyalty mean nothing to you three? Our leader is fighting the number one hero, this is the moment we've been waiting for!" He said, a creepy grin on his face. 

Jun tried not to scoff. "Yeah, and we're suffering for no reason. Besides, even if he does win we still might get caught. I don't feel like spending the night in a cell." 

Shigaraki seemed to consider it, but agreed easily when Kurogiri told him Jun was right. Without missing a beat, Kurogiri's smoke enveloped all five of them plus Spinner and Magne. 

They reappeared several blocks away. There were quite a few injuries among them, and no one dared mention that they had lost Bakugou. 

"We should find somewhere safe for the night." Magne said, shaking the dust out of her hair. Everyone nodded, remaining silent. 

"Is there anywhere safe for us?" Toga asked bluntly, not even smiling. "Seriously, is there anywhere we can go where we wont be caught?". 

"We have a back-up hideout, don't worry." Kurogiri assured them, already gearing up to transport the group there. When did they get one of those? Was there more than one? Jun had so many questions but he was too exhausted to ask them. 

Using his quirk like that in combat had really tired him out. They had run into about 3 more heroes before Snipe. The exhausted 15 year old leaned on Dabi for support as his legs started trembling. 

He was so over this whole kidnapping scheme. At this point all he wanted to do was sleep. 

---------- -------- --------- --------- ---------- -------- ------- 

Later that night the group found themselves not at the backup hideout but at Magne's apartment. Turns out the backup base had been found out so they weren't safe their either. 

So they were all crammed into a one bedroom apartment for the foreseeable. Feeling cramped, Jun snuck out in the early hours of the morning, around 5 am. 

He walked until he came upon a nearby park. Tired, he decided to sit down under one of the few trees in the park and just watch the sun rise. 

That mission had been a complete disaster. They had risked everything and lost it all. All their weapons, their clothes, their personal items, their boss. All of it. 

Yet, Jun couldn't find it in himself to regret his choice to join the league. Sure, it was chaotic and stressful, but Shigaraki had listened to him when he spoke up, Dabi and Toga had too. No one ever listened to him before. 

Yeah, this was the right choice. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

We've got even more fun plot to go so I apologize for the 'transition' chapter but seriously I'm so hyped for the next arc 

On a more urgent note, I've posted my first one shot! 

In case you guys didn't know, I posted a conversation post a little while ago asking you guys what kind of one shots you'd like to see from me using any bnha characters, any of my oc's and almost any scenario! You could even throw in your own oc if you give me enough to work with! 

Feel free to leave a one shot request here if you'd like on written and check the first one out 😁

Stay Tuned!