22: Pleased To Meet You

I know you probably want to just read the chapter but I've just released the book that was teased in the last chapter! It's called Just My Luck and you can read the first chapter right now! 

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Can I ask why we're all gathered here?" Kurogiri said, huddling closer to the group. 

"I was wondering the same thing. No I wasn't." Twice added. Toga sighed and flicked them both. 

"We're here to plot against hero society, duh." She gave both men a look. "Isn't that literally our job?". 

"It is." Shigaraki said, looking around him a little, "We just don't normal plot against hero society from inside a pillow fort.". 

"Well we do now." Himiko said. "Where's Dabi?" Spinner asked, raising his hand like the polite villain he was. 

Jun looked at the ground, avoiding all eye contact and Toga just sighed. "He's a fire hazard right now. It is not a good idea to invite him into the most flammable place in the house." She explained, "Now, I think we should go back to big statement attacks. No more of this 'gathering in the shadows' edgy nonsense.". 

Shigaraki glared at the teen. "Its not edgy. Its a strategy to make sure the league can manage itself while I'm undergoing the operation.". 

Ah yes, another one of the things they needed to address. 

"I don't think you should do it." Jun said, breaking the silence. The league gaped at him. He had been the most supportive, desperate for the league to have all the power it could. Hell Jun had subtly hinted that he wouldn't mind becoming a nomu himself, which had downright horrified them. 

"Why not?" Shigaraki said through gritted teeth. Everyone had told him not to, and he was getting sick of it, now the only person who was on his side was turning against him. 

"Dabi and I talked recently and-" Jun took a deep breath before continuing, "I think we should stick to what we're doing now. You know, destroying hero society? I don't think we need a war to change people's minds about it, I think we need to give them a demonstration and we need you there for that.". 

"Like the recording, the recording worked super well!" Toga giggled excitedly, "We should all make recording revealing the lies of society and how deep discrimination goes!". 

"We need Dabi on board for that." Kurogiri said, obvious already thinking about the logistics, "His story would be powerful. Powerful enough to spark reform, but we'd have to convince him. Jun, you're the only person who could get him to do it.". 

Jun startled a little at that and clutched the pillow he was holding closer to his chest. He most certainly was not the only person that could get Dabi to tell his story. Hell, Jun was one of the few league members who didn't even know Dabi's story and right now the two of them weren't exactly best friends. 

"He needs more time to cool off." Jun answered, avoiding a direct response. There were a few nods before Toga spoke up. 

"Oh! I'm taking the baby out tonight, so don't expect us back until tomorrow." She said. This was news to Jun but honestly he could stand to get out more, and by that he meant get out at all. 

"Bring a burner phone with you incase of a emergencies." Kurogiri said. He really did act like the group's mom. 

-------- --------- -------- --------- -------- --------- -------- -------- 

"You brought me to a library?" Jun asked, staring at Toga in shock. "I thought we were getting drunk tonight! I put makeup on and everything!". 

"What, thought you were gonna get a rebound hookup?" The blonde girl teased. Jun rolled his eyes. "Maybe I was. How am I going to find someone to have sex with me in a library?" Jun protested. 

"I don't know, figure it out." The girl said, walking away from Jun. She headed straight for the tiny café built into the nonfiction section to order drinks. Jun huffed and looked around. Maybe the whole league was in cahoots. They just kept trying to get him to develop 'normal' hobbies. 

The teen decided there was no harm in wandering around and walked straight into a solid wall. 

Todoroki Shoto was, in fact, not a wall. He was a human. At least he thought so. 

"You!" He said in shock. Jun almost stumbled back but held his ground, not wanting to look startled. "You're the one who got tortured!". 

Okay, so Shoto had negative subtlety. Jun stared at him in disbelief. "What, do you want a cookie for figuring it out or something? I have a very distinctive appearance." The villain said, putting his hands on his hips. 

"Um no." The boy said, his face going back to blank, "Are you alright?". Jun was once again confused. Why was he asking that? Was this a trap? 

"I'm fine but why the fuck would you ask that?" The villain asked, having absolutely no subtlety  himself. 

"You were tortured. I just said that." Todoroki said, staring blankly. 

"And I killed your principal." Jun replied, just as blankly. 

"I didn't like him anyways." Todoroki said, staring off as if he was reminiscing. "You're not being held criminally responsible by the way. Our teacher showed some footage of the attack to us and the police and they've decided you acted in self defense.". 

"Wow, that's great!" Jun said with a joking relieved tone, "Now I can go convince Toga to take me to a club so I can get absolutely wasted. Goodbye.". The villain waved at the hero student with a fake sultry smile and started walking off. 

"Wait." Todoroki said, grabbing Jun's wrists. Jun shook him off easily, so easily Todoroki was a little shocked. Jun was shorter than him by an inch or so and looked a lot less bulky, yet he shook him off. "That thing you were doing with Bakugou," The hero student began, blushing furiously now. 

Jun turned around and gave Todoroki a wolfish smile. "What thing?" He asked, dragging it out on purpose. The hero student's face turned bright crimson with embarrassment. "I didn't know Endeavor's son was such a voyeur.". 

"I didn't mean to see it." Todoroki was a bad liar and he knew it. He and Midoriya had totally meant to see it, although they didn't know it would be kissing and not something shadier. 

"Of course you didn't." Jun said, his tone sarcastic. "I don't mind that you watched though, you like what you saw?". The hero student startled and refused to meet Jun's eyes. The villain's grin grew wider. 

Oh he'd totally found someone to have sex with him in a library. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone: Dabi has a really important story and you should really listen to it

Jun: How about no? 

Alternatively, 

Everyone: Its about time you heard about Dabi's family

Jun, about to have sex with Dabi's little brother: Can't it wait a little bit? 

Some of you guessed that Shoto was going to be the next love interest and you were right, although it was supposed to be Midoriya (its still might be, don't underestimate how complicated this shit's gonna get). 

To preface, its been literally a month and a half since the U.A incident at this point, the league just isn't very quick to recover this time. 

We've entered a whole new section of the plot, so kiss the canon goodbye 'cause we're going off script! 

Stay Tuned! 

(P.S. Anyone who was looking forward to a trans character to be featured in my books, you should check out Just My Luck 😉)