19: Budget Cuts

Before Bakugou could even answer Jun's question said villain's quirk decided enough was enough and broke through the wall. It was only the second floor and the goop made quick work of holding them both upright above the ground before slowly lowering them. Jun stumbled a bit at first but it appeared that his upper body had taken the most damage. 

Jun kept the horn clutched in his hand. His breathing was uneven and shaky but that wasn't going to stop him. If he really was controlling the pink substance, then he should be able to give it a goal. Find Nezu. 

It seemed the goop got the memo as several blobs flew at rapid speeds towards U.A's main building. 

"So the league's here." The villain thought aloud, staring at the almost peaceful campus. It would be peaceful if not for the blaring alarms and obvious lock down measures. 

"They're going to demolish the school." Katsuki said, squeezing Jun's hand. Jun just nodded. It was a fact. He wanted them to destroy it. No more waiting around for this to happen to another member. 

"You don't have to go with them." The hero student said, squeezing harder. "You-you could stay with me. We could figure it out.". He sounded unsure of himself, not in the idea but in his own voice as he said it. Tears still clouded his vision as they did Jun's. 

They must both look like shit. Jun was bruised and bloody, aching in palaces he didn't even know he had and Katsuki? Well Katsuki had dark circles from staying up, Jun's blood on his clothes and cheeks red from shouting. 

"Lets end this here." Jun said, his voice still incredibly hoarse and painful. Katsuki gawked at him but he continued. "We can't do this anymore. It can't be the two of us against the world. We're not even on the same side.". 

"That doesn't fucking matter!" Katsuki said, his voice frantic at the thought of losing what he had just found. "We can be on one side, its fine.". 

Jun shook his head. "We can't," The villain felt his voice break a little bit but he pressed on, "we can't because you'll always be a hero. And you'll be a great hero, a real hero, and I'll always be a villain.". 

Katsuki just shook his head, eyes teary and jaw wired shut. "Suki please," Jun said, his eyes glossy and exhausted. "I don't want to hurt you anymore.". 

"You aren't hurting me." Katsuki insisted. Jun tried not to sigh at that. Bakugou sure was stubborn, even in times like these. 

"Do you know what they'll do to you when this is over? You were my informant, you could lose your ability to ever do hero work. You can't-you can't do that to yourself. Suki I could ruin everything you've ever worked for.". 

And Katsuki knew that already, he couldn't but he just didn't want to admit it. With his free hand clenched in a fist he pulled Jun closer to him right as the main building burst into blue flames. Jun took the hint, releasing Katsuki's hand in favor of holding his jaw. 

The kiss was soft with none of their usual hurriedness or hunger. A goodbye in its own right. 

"Don't do this." Katsuki pleaded. He had never asked anyone for anything before Jun and now it seemed he was getting used to it. But he couldn't just let Jun leave. Not after all that. No way. His fingers brushed more pink tears away from Jun's eyes. 

"Katsuki," Jun said, already taking a step back, his quirk pooling at his feet ready to launch him into action. 

"I think I was a little bit in love with you.". 

And he disappeared into the flames.

------- ------- ------- ------ -------- ------- ------- ------- ------- 

The air was thick with smoke and fear. Although Jun only encountered a few students as he walked the halls of the prestigious school, it was clear that the mere sight of him was enough to send students into a panic. 

He liked having that power. 

The should fear him. They should watch him with wide eyes. They should push their friends behind them. 

His whole life they had called him a monster but only now did they fear him. If he was a monster so fucking be it. 

Jun didn't stop once until he reached the principals office and kicked the door open. As expected Nezu had yet to flee the building. 

"Ah! Mizuno, wonderful to see you-" "Shut the fuck up!" Jun bellowed. He radiated anger in every sense of the word. 

"You think you understand it all, don't you?" He asked, launching his quirk at the rat man, who dodged just in time. "You think Shigaraki and I are the same, you think the hero killer and I are the same!" Jun said, his tone mocking. 

"You're wrong though. They're fighting for something, for an ideal. The violence that made them who they are was directly because of heroes." He shouted, breaking hole after hole in the walls desperately trying to spear open the principal. "But I'm not like that!". 

Finally he managed to pin Nezu against one of the internal walls. "I don't give a shit. I want hero society gone, but I wont stop there." He shouted, blood rising in his throat from his injurers. "As far as I'm concerned you all beat the shit out of me as a kid! You all broke my fucking horn off and you all made me this way!". 

Tendrils of neon pink sharpened to a point without Jun so much as moving a muscle. He aimed them right for the principal's chest. "I'm not your fucking lab rat." He said, his voice shaking with conviction, "I'm not anyone's anything!". 

And that fucker. He had the audacity to laugh. "You put yourself in this situation." The creature laughed, "You have no one to blame but yourself.". 

"Shut up!" Jun screamed, plunging the first spear into his captor's chest. Two more followed soon after and Jun watched through slightly pink vision as Nezu's eyes turned lifeless and glassy. 

Eventually he revoked his quirk and let Nezu's lifeless body sink to the ground. The implications the he killed a person (if you could even call Nezu that after what he did) probably wouldn't sink in for a little while. Right now Jun just basked in the relief, in the flow of positive emotions that tried their best to drown out the physical and mental anguish he was in. 

And that's how Dabi found him, lying on his back staring at the ceiling. He was still bleeding out and his broken horn was still clutched in his hand. The older villain felt part of his heart break at the sight. 

"Jun-" He said, his voice wavering, "Its going to be okay.". The grey haired teen made a horribly whimper like noise and shook his head. It wasn't okay. It would never be okay ever again. 

Quickly Dabi crouched down and picked Jun up, cradling him close to his chest. He felt like a failure. Sure he wanted Jun to experience being a villain, to exact his revenge on society, he didn't want this. It looked like Jun was tearing himself apart internally and Dabi had no way of fixing it. 

"Its not okay." Jun said, coughing after inhaling some of the smoke. Dabi started walking towards the nearest exit. "Its-its not okay," He repeated. 

Then it hit him all at once as they exited the building. He had just killed someone. No matter how deserving Nezu was, something that had been no longer was all because of Jun. 

But it was never seeing Katsuki that hurt him the most. Maybe they could have made it work, but Jun couldn't put Katsuki's entire life at risk for himself. He wasn't worth it. 

But fucking hell did it hurt. In fact Jun didn't think any injury on his body hurt more than his heart in that moment. People always say a broken heart never truly heals. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

😭😭😭😭😭😭

I'm so so sorry! 

This chapter was so hard to write cause I didn't want Jun and Katsuki to kinda split up but it was part of the story I planned out.....

On the bright side Nezu dies! That's fun I guess....idk man I'm just still sad over the psuedo break up situation. They weren't really dating but they had a good thing going 😢

Why am I saying this I wrote it 😅

But like still