11: Those Were The Days

"I don't think the boy you saw is my Jun." The woman, Mizuno Reika, said. Aizawa's eyebrows furrowed, not quite believing her. 

"Why do you think that? He had the same horns and hair colour as you son, and looked to be about the same age. And although no records exist of his quirk registry, you should know what your sons quirk is and be able to confirm with me, seeing as I faced the quirk head on." Aizawa said, thinking his evidence was damming. 

The woman just shook her head. "I didn't name him Jun for nothing. He's an obedient child and would never do anything like that. I don't even think-I don't even think he's still alive, let alone a villain.". 

Aizawa's eyebrows raised at that. "Dead? How did you reach that conclusion?" He asked cautiously. He didn't want to distress a mother who had 'lost' her child, but he still needed to know. 

Reika's eyes got misty. "I'm a sickly woman, as you can probably tell. I couldn't give him the attention he wanted and deserved and he got sad. So sad I'm sure that his disappearance is because they can't find his body." Her words were frank but her voice sounded fragile. Like she was on the verge of tears. 

"And if he was alive do you think its a possibility that he could have joined the league?" Aizawa asked, passing the woman a box of tissues. She shook her head. "If you so much as put my baby in a room with those monsters he would cry.". 

------ -------- ------- ------- -------- ------- ------- -------- 

Oh Jun was crying all right. Crying of laughter. 

"Don't laugh!" Katsuki growled, his face still red with embarrassment. 

"Oh come on. Don't act like that now Suki, we didn't even fuck." Jun giggled, throwing his head back against the pillows. 

"Its not important if we did or not!" The hero student said, throwing a pillow at Jun's face. "Oh I think it is." The villain replied, "Cause someone left me with blue balls and fell asleep the moment we got to bed.". 

"I don't give a shit about how your dick feels." Katsuki groaned, falling back on the bed himself. "That's funny." Jun said, turning his head to meet Bakugou's eyes, "You seemed quite interested in it last night.". 

Katsuki threw another pillow at Jun, not that the villain could blame him. He was so easily flustered. More laughter bubbled out of the grey haired teen and Katsuki blushed more. 

He was starting to like the sound of that laughter. It was breathy a lighthearted. Katsuki couldn't help but wonder if, under different circumstances, he might have ended up in Jun's bed regardless. 

Jun got out of bed clumsily and started picking their clothes off the floor. "Its a shame." He said, staring at Katsuki from the end of the bed. "I might never get to touch those abs again.". 

"You have your own." Katsuki said, hiding his body under the covers. Jun just smiled. "Barely. I still have a lot of strength training to do. Now," He tossed a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt at the blonde, "what do you want for breakfast?". 

------ -------- ------- ------- -------- ------- ------- --------

 "Can you tell me what Jun experienced before he...snapped?" Aizawa continued, trying to word his questions carefully. Reika nodded. 

"He endured so much." She said, wiping her eyes with her shirt sleeve, "They used to just taunt him, make fun of his quirk a little bit. Then it got worse the older he got. Girls used to avoid him, no one wanted to talk or work with him in class and he didn't have a single friend. Looking back I should have done something. I should have spoken with the teacher, the principal, those kids parents, but I didn't. Then again, no one's perfect.". 

'Sure, no one's perfect' Aizawa thought to himself bitterly, 'but you did such a bad job you think he committed suicide'. But he didn't say any of that, merely waiting for Ms. Mizuno to continue. 

"He thought middle school would change things, thought he could make new friends, but his bullies ended up attending the same school. That's when the bullying got physical. It was like that all through middle school and his marks dropped because of it. Because his marks were low he went to the neighborhood school with those horrible bullies. And he endured it all without much complaint. He used to lie about where he got the black eyes. Even when he broke his arm." Reika explained, her voice wavering the whole time. Her statement was only interrupted once or twice when she coughed. Otherwise it was clear and concise. 

"And he didn't show any violent tendencies? Not to discredit anything you've said, but its typical of teenagers who join criminal organizations to do some 'testers' before jumping into a life of violence.". Ms. Mizuno just shook her head. 

Aizawa bit the inside of his cheek, deep in thought. Could the 'Mizuno' he saw that night really not be Mizuno Jun? There was no way, absolutely no way. But then again he sounded nothing like the person Aizawa encountered that night. 

"That's all I need for now." He said, getting to his feet. Ms. Mizuno nodded with a sad smile on her face and red rimmed eyes. 

"If you do find him-" She said, her voice hushed, "bring him back. No matter what the situation is just bring him back.". Aizawa nodded slowly and left the apartment. 

He had a lot to think about. 

------- ------- ------- ------ ------- -------- --------- -------- 

Bakugou arrived back at the dorms around the same time as his teacher did. If Mr. Aizawa hadn't been such deep in thought, he could have noticed that the clothes Bakugou was wearing looked like they belonged to someone much less bulky. Or perhaps he could have noticed how the soft pink shirt wasn't really Bakugou's style, but he was too out of it to say anything more than a hello. 

So many questions hung in the air. Would Eri make it out okay? Was the information Jun gave them trustworthy? 

Yet, as Katsuki laid down on his bed and pulled his phone out, those questions didn't seem to urgent. His finger hovered over Jun's contact, which was labeled 'sewer monster with horns' for convenience. 

Should he meet with him again? What was he getting himself into? 

Those new questions made themselves at home in Katsuki's head. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A somewhat late update because of school work! 

I had two tests in the same subject in one week 😶Seriously its like they're trying to get me to fail! I might have to take supplementary courses, and I'm usually regarded as a very dedicated student. I'm beginning to think that I'm not the problem. 

The reason Jun's mom says she didn't name him Jun for no reason is because his name is written 順 in Kanji which basically translates to 'obey' or 'obedient'. 

I really had fun with the naming scheme in this fic 😉

BTW 

If you guys were to, hypothetically, get a Halloween one shot. which one of my books would you want it for?