chapter 6

word count: 892

word count: 892

・‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖, 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"KATSUKI"

"WHA'D YOU WANT OLD HAG"

Back to reality again. His mind was already filled with what he called nonsense and he swore he could explode in any second.

"The L/N's are coming over for dinner, change your clothes and behave yourself brat!"

He didn't know If he felt more anxious or angry about it. The girl annoyed him for some odd kind of reason he still didn't comprehend and he didn't need facing her straight up and clearing whatever was on his mind just yet. She can do whatever the hell she wanted, or that's what he constantly told himself.

Mumbling incoherent words he complied to his mother's words but not just because she told him to do so and he may or may not have spent more time on choosing what to wear than he intended.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Greeting each other ever so politely, the family of three went inside with Mitsuki showing everyone where to sit in the living room. The two teenagers didn't say much while the parents acted as If the years of not hearing from each other were non existent.
"Yeah, Y/N actually insisted on coming back so we wanted to fulfill her wish"

"That's so nice of you, I'm glad you're all back again"

Mitsuki smiled at the couple and glanced at the girl who stared at her son in attempt to catch his attention. With crossed arms on his chest he looked the other way, as If she wasn't even present in the room.
He felt her eyes on him and could almost hear her brain buzzing in excitement.

"Katsuki why don't you go and show Y/N your medals from sports festivals?"

Oh no she didn't. Just when he darted his vermilion eyes to the ash-blonde woman, ready to objectify, the familiar voice stopped him.

"YES, I wanna see them", she slightly leaned in from where she was sitting with her hands clasped together in her lap and eyes as bright as stars.

Without a word he got up and with hands in his pockets, knowing it'll piss his mother off, went towards the stairway.
The girl looked to Mitsuki one more time before the woman nodded in confirmation to go after him.
"Wait", the girl smiled while walking towards the boy who started climbing the stairs leaving the adults to discuss whatever boring topics they had in mind.

"So why did you move out in the first place? It felt so sudden", Masaru started, while taking a sip of tea his wife made just minutes ago.

"Yes, it was", Mrs. L/N uttered, resting the tea cup along with its saucer plate back on the coffee table. Both Mitsuki and Masaru noticed the pained look the woman had on her face and the way her husband held her hand with concern filling his eyes.
"but, actually it's much serious than it seems"

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Random medals dangled from the hanger on the wall as she skimmed carefully through them, picking each one to read carefully what they were for.
He noticed her chipped orange nail-polish and it brought him back in time again.
She was still the same.
His mind was in the clouds as he watched her with back turned towards him while she wordlessly stared at the golden award he got on his first sports festival, a smile etched on her lips.

"I watched you on tv", her thumb traced the curves of writings on the small piece, she turned her head ever so slightly, "You were so cool!"

"Whatever", as If the comment didn't make his heart race for some odd reason. He hated the damn feeling.
She could hear his chair being moved before he sat down.

"You're so arrogant", she snorted out a laugh.

"I'm gonna blow you up I swear to god"

"Okay fine, I'll stay quiet"
Another few moments of silence as the h/c haired girl curiously looked around. His gaze carefully analyzed her as she walked around his room looking at some posters and few books he had neatly placed on the shelf.

"Where were you?", he suddenly asked, curiosity getting to him. His expression has calmed long ago, his eyebrows no longer twisting his face into a familiar frown.

"Hm?", she uttered, but her eyes never separated from the book covers as she traced the titles with the tips of her fingers.
She was always so delicate and he never once thought of threatened that she'd do something to his stuff.

"I ain't asking again", his coarse voice rang through the room.

"Here and there, not that important actually", waving him off she picked up a textbook, presumably the one he needed for hero school he attended.

"Then why'd you come back?"
He made himself comfortable, leaning back he rested his head to the knuckles of his fist and his elbow on the arm of the chair itself, his eyes not separating from her form not even for a second.

"Why am I being interrogated?", she whined out, "Or is it that you missed me so much, huh Katsuki?"
She turned her face around, her e/c eyes catching his  scarlet ones. For a few moments, she caught him a little off guard, but then he turned his gaze away.

He never knew why her smile affected him so much all of a sudden or how her laugh sounded so sincere. He even just noticed the color of her eyes.
Maybe he always overlooked it in the past, but after so long he realized what he missed the most about Y/N.

"Fuck you"

She laughed again.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈