chapter 8

word count: 540

word count: 540

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾   𝕤𝕖𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕤    ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"You don't have a shitty quirk, why aren't you in hero course or something?"
Sitting back at the table, he asked her, sounding almost as If he didn't care for the answer, but on contrary he did.

Teleportation. He remembered vividly. It was the only quirk that caught his attention out of all the kids he actually knew. Of course, it was the only thing he remembered about people since he only looked out for the ones that could actually benefit him and make him stronger.

"Hah... secret"

"What the fuck is it with you always lying?!", raising his tone, her smug smile left her face when she saw how desperate he was when he yelled out the question. If the pencil in his hand could talk, it would scream its lungs out from how hard his grip was.
Why did he need to know?

"I'm not lying, just saying it's a secret"

"Well you ain't telling the damn truth either"
She gulped down, her e/c eyes breaking the eye contact with his crimson ones.

"I know"
He turned away from her, trying to sort out the notes that were sprawled on the table previously left when he tutored his classmates.

Avoiding it again. The tips of her fingers played with the rim of the hero textbook she got interested in, her eyes not separating from the words that no longer made sense as she read them. It all got swirled up in her mind as guilt bubbled up inside her.
The tension could be cut with a knife as the quietness enveloped the two teenagers. She glanced at the male who sat at his desk, with his back turned towards her.

"Why so quiet?", she blurted out, uncomfortable with how distant he felt, albeit both of them being in the same room.

"Where were you?"
He didn't turn around while asking the question.

"You asked me that already"

"And you didn't answer"

"Well... it's a secret"

"If you ain't gonna talk then you're as useless as any other extra"

"You need me to talk to you?"
She always knew how to twist things and avoid the topics that weren't to her liking. Lying was something she hated herself, so dodging answering the questions he had for her was something she could do for now.

"Shut up", he jerked his head around, revealing his frowning face.

"But then I should leave, shouldn't I?"

"Tsk", clicking his tongue, he turned away from her again to focus on the studies for the exams. Various notebooks were sprawled in front of him as he tried to keep his crimson gaze on the words.
But then he got reminded of the question she sneakily dodged.

"Secret or not, I'll find out eventually and laugh in your face If it's a stupid ass reason", he grumbled with eyes still glued on the papers.

"I'll hold on to that promise", she could only smile again, for that was the only thing she could do.

Yes, she was never a liar, but she avoided the truth devilishly good. Not telling him was something she felt has started eating her from the inside, because, the real truth was that...

...she was dying.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈