chapter 11

word count: 1131

word count: 1131

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕒 𝕡𝕦𝕣𝕡𝕝𝕖 𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕝 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Time was something the girl held dear to her heart the most, because to her...

it was limited.

It encircled her into a narrow space surrounded with high walls to just gaze over the edges as everyone else moved away.
She knew she couldn't cross the borders that kept her in place, instead, she could watch them slowly disappearing over the horizon in the distance.

So, most of her time was spent with her parents, when they were free of course. Her mother worked as an english teacher from home, giving online lessons to various students that needed help with the language, while her father worked in a regular office in the city.
The dynamic was as normal as it could get, but the slight tension still remained present on their faces each time they'd look at her.
She was basically a ticking time bomb.

But, who could blame them in this situation, right?

If only she could erase their memories about her condition, maybe their hearts would be at ease. It was the thing that kept her up the most nights along with the illness that wasn't allowing her to rest her eyes for too long.
In the end she could just wonder what it would be like as she sat on the soft grass of her front yard as her hands dug into the wet earthy soil just beside the cobblestone path.

Maybe that's why she didn't want to tell Katsuki just yet.

"You look like shit", coarse voice brought her down from her train of thoughts. Looking up, she could see her neighbor leaning his forearms on the fence that separated their two front yards. His face disinterested with eyes that seized to hold the anger he was usually holding in, despite the fact that his classmates irritated him more than usual today.
"Did you even sleep?", he asked immediately after.

The moment she looked up and saw him all high and mighty, her lips formed into a smile along with her eyes that held that spark of endearment everytime he came into her field of vision,
"Thanks, I was recreating your look", she said smugly.

His nose crinkled in annoyance.
"The fuck'd you just say?!"

"Oh nothing good sire, in fact, you look extremely dashing today", she said in posh voice and with a twist of her hand, her head slightly bowed down like he was a king, but they both knew it was all pure mockery.

"Stop or I'll explode you into pieces"

"You're no fun", she pouted and got back to her work from before. Despite the sun dominating the sky, the air still lingered with the chilliness that april brought, along with the spring that filled it with the flowery scent and freshly cut grass.

It wasn't Bakugo's favorite season. It made his nose itch constantly, but in the end, every season annoyed him to some extent, be it the snow, rain, or even hot temperatures during the summer. Well, perhaps summer benefited him just a little when it involved his quirk, but again, it was always frustrating for him to control it while outside the training.

"You didn't answer my first question"

"Ahh, I just couldn't sleep for some reason, nothing that major", her eyes remained on the clumps of soil she tried to break into smaller pieces,
"Did you know that Egyptians associated lavender with eternal life?"

"Why would I care?"
He says, despite not moving from his spot.

"It's nothing, just interesting to think about", her thoughts got lost for a second.
Maybe he noticed how her eyes weren't focusing at anything particular in that small moment. She brushed it off and gave him a smile before continuing to rip open a small packet of lavender seeds her mother purchased in a flower shop nearby.

"What else?", he grew restless. His foot started unconsciously tapping against the ground.

"What do you mean?"
She was confused for a second when her e/c eyes met his intense red ones. It was surely unlikely of him to indulge into these meaningless chats; she expected him to walk off even long time ago.
Now that she thought about it a little more, it was the first time he initiated anything that involved her.
Didn't he once describe her as an annoying fly that buzzed behind his ear constantly; an insect he couldn't get rid off?

"I said what else? I ain't repeating it"

"Umm... it's good for insomnia I guess", she chuckled lightly and her gaze softened,
"Ironic isn't it?"

Laughing at her own joke, pathetic.
But even then, he couldn't deny that it didn't make him scoff with a slight smile.
She looked absolutely ridiculous with her hands covered in dirt that somehow got onto her face as well, but even then she smiled at the sight in front of her.
It would be a miracle If the seeds sprouted.

"You're doing it wrong"

"Huh?"
The moment she turned her head to see what he meant, he was already jumping over the fence and landing on the ground without breaking a sweat.
They really trained them hard in that school, because If it was her, she'd probably get stuck somehow on the blunt wooden spikes of the fence.

"Why can't you use the gate like a normal human being?", she commented while her eyes followed his silhouette. The sun from behind made the ends of his spiked hair illuminated, like silk threads bathed in silver light. So soft, she thought to herself.
His eyes warm, with a slight gleam and clouded stare, he approached with his hands tucked in the pockets of his pants.
He was still in his uniform, as disheveled as it always was.
Face relaxed, he went on and took a seat next to her. She could sense the faint smell of burnt sugar blended with a misty scent of his cologne. The sweetness he brought that contrasted his personality enticed her. She could just sit next to him, with hands crossed on her knees, letting her cheek rest on her forearms so her half lidded eyes observed how his face profile curved so perfectly.

"Shut up or i'll leave"
She closed her eyes and smiled.

"No, please stay", came a whisper.
He wasn't paying that much attention ever since his hands got busy with fixing up her mess, but maybe if he did, he'd notice jus how much the word 'stay' meant so much to her as it slipped from her tongue.

And just for a little while, she forgot about her illness, his nose stopped itching, and she finally felt as if she could rest there next to him with his caramel scent and the sun keeping her warm.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈