chapter 9

word count: 1139

word count: 1139

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Hospitals.

She never gave them much thought until she had to practically live in one. That's when the resentment started.
The smell wouldn't get away no matter how much the nurses aired out the room and the place where the IV needle was pierced through the skin never seized to itch.

Squeaky wheelchairs, doctors running through the halls... monitors flat lining. It made her sick.
She was always seeing things through rose colored glasses, that was until she was met with harsh reality...

The nurse has already left the small room after the daily therapy the girl had to take.
Swallowing an invisible lump that formed in her throat, her jaded expression remained facing the whiteness of the ceiling.

Uneasiness prickled all over her skin.

"I can't do this anymore", the silence breaking resonated through the small space. Every heavy thing she endured ever since she found out about her sickness has started to drown her to the deepest parts of misery. She couldn't bare it anymore.
"I'm tired"

Exhausting.

The color of her skin has gone cold toned, the dark circles more visible. The sickness wasn't here to blame anymore and the monotony that each painful day held has started to wretch her soul slowly.

Her mother's sad eyes loomed over, stroking the girl's locks of hair.
"Just a little more honey", she spoke softly.
It pained her to see her child like this every day. It broke her heart that she wasn't able to help her, for If she could, she'd swap places with her daughter in a blink of an eye.
But, even in this world filled with many possibilities of different powers, there still wasn't one that could do something even close. On contrary, the so called power that ran through the girl's veins was the source of her constant agony, gradually blooming with each passing day.

"No, you don't understand mom", her brittle voice echoed through the room, girl's e/c eyes finally determined looked at her mother back,
"I'm tired", she didn't intend to sound so angry, but in the end, she realized that she just wouldn't care anymore.
"because frankly...", she knew the next words are going to absolutely break the usually cheerful woman, for her mother lived still holding onto a smallest glimpse of hope that her child will get better,
"I don't see the end to all of this"

Her father made peace with it not too long ago, when he secretly saw his child crying just when he was about to enter her hospital room. Apparently, she wasn't clueless about the doctor's hidden messages behind his words about her condition.
He never told his wife, or Y/N, because he himself couldn't bare to even start the conversation in the more serious direction without breaking himself from the inside. It was something to be done in the time to come, not just yet.
The only thing he could do himself was be there for her and make her feel warm and loved.
He was supposed to be the strong one, right?
Or rather, that's what he consoled himself with, until the time came sooner than he expected.
Instinctively, without any words, his bigger hand grasping his daughter's slender one.

"I want to go home", Y/N's voice trembled and her father's grip on her weak hand felt tighter.
Her mother refused to take in her words thinking that If they never said it out loud, it wouldn't be true.
The woman shook her head in denial, her lips forcing a smile to somehow change the way her daughter thought.

"No, please, I'm sure the doctors will figure this out just give them more tim-"

"There is no time", the girl cut her off.
"If they haven't figured out what's wrong with me months ago, I doubt they would in the next few"

The sound of the trembling voice along with the words punctured her mother's chest deeper.
Pure fear crossed the woman's face, soon contoured into one of recognition and acceptance. Her sight fogged as her daughter talked as If she was the only grown up present.
"I'm sure deeply down you get the reality of my situation", e/c eyes gazed at the ones they perfectly replicated, those of her mother's.

Y/N never grasped the meaning of the word 'death', only that it was bound to happen at one point.
After all, everything born into this world was meant to die, it was the reality of the situation, but it wasn't something that made her anxious, but rather how the people around her would perceived her passing once the time arrives.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

It was a relief not seeing the same white ceiling. Her bedroom was deemed far more interesting with all the clouds she had painted on the plafond. The colors switched seamlessly, as If the sunset painted it itself.

Staying in house all day might be fun for most people, but for a certain h/c haired girl wasn't the case. Laying in her bed in a starfish position she dangled her feet over the edge syncing with every tick of the small clock that rested on her nightstand.

One hour turned into two, the two into three and it went like that for eternity... or that's how it felt like to her.
Waiting for the ash blonde to be finished with his school was the only thing she could do, or rather say, the only thing that got her excited.
At this point she looked like a puppy waiting for its owner.

Her parents worked from home most of the time, well, they had to because of a specific reason, but then again who would hangout with their parents. She was still a teenager after all.
Hearing a faint thump, she sat herself up to see her neighbor entering his room. Both hers and his window were cracked open, and her eyes glistened when he reflected in them.
He still didn't notice her, so she got up more, standing on her knees on the bed, starting to open her window fully with excitement.

"Katsuk-", she stopped herself seing him hovering over the table, not even changing out of his school uniform, studying already. His ears perked up when he heard a familiar faint voice. Turning around he saw her resting on the frame of her opened window. One of his eyebrows quirked up and he lazily got up to open his window as well.

"Um, can I borrow that textbook from earlier, I really want to read some more"

"Then come and get it yourself, I ain't throwing it through the window just like that"

"Okay♡"
Before her hand touched the door handle, another thought came to her mind.
Can she still do that thing? It has been so long though.

She turned her head towards the room across from hers, he sat down again with his back faced towards his window, probably expecting her arrival. She could guess what facial expression he was making, not like there were many to begin with. He was definitely scowling again and will definitely have wrinkles between eyebrows once he's older, she was sure of it.

Contemplating for a few seconds, she decided finally. Her hand tightened into a fist. She closed her eyes, feeling pressure around her chest until she got warped into thin air. At the speed of light she found herself in the room she recognized. She teleported.
But before she could be happy for using her quirk, something heavy pinned her down just as fast as she arrived there in the first place.

Two sets of eyes locked onto one another, widened staring at each other, their lungs frantically gasped for air.

"What the fuck"

"I should've knocked"

"You think?!"

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I know my updates are hella slow, i'm sorry

    (_)