chapter 21

word count: 452

word count: 452

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝕦𝕟𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕜𝕖𝕟 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤 ☽༓・⁺‧͙

"La bohème, la bohème~"

Soft melody brimmed from the cd player Y/N had in her room. She loved old music, how charming and sweet it was.
Every night when doing her bedtime routine, she would press play after picking out something from her collection.

♬ "ça voulait dire on est heureux"

She felt better.
Maybe it was because she spent time with Bakugo today, or maybe it was because she visited that beach. Adding a new memory was her favorite thing, even If it was bound to disappear.

"la bohème, la bohème~"

She hummed in tune while drying her wet hair with a towel.
Sleepiness overwhelmed her more than it usually would, but she was warned ahead about that certain symptom. After all, she'll endure it until she can't anymore. Just for the people she was surrounded with, she'll force herself to stay awake.

"nous ne mangions qu'un jour sur deux~"

"Did something happen?", she asks the figure that stepped inside. It didn't pass even one hour since they bid their farewells to each other after the beach. She found it a tad more confusing.
Bakugo skims through the posters on the wall while passing them by, avoiding her gaze that reflected from the mirror on her vanity.

"Nah..."
She drops her towel in her lap, turning around to him towering slightly above her, his eyes laying on her so undistracted for a moment.

"Then wha-"
He bends down, pressing his lips onto hers, his hand pulling her closer. She never thought this would ever happen, not with someone as reserved as him, yet her body gave out.
Silent agreement shattering to dust.
Her cold skin that always contradicted his, now was melting under his touch.
He was warm, smelling like toasted sugar and she couldn't make herself part from the comfort and affection she felt in that moment.
Separation from him was all more tormenting.

"You can cross that off from your list", he tells her, inches away from her face, trying to sound nonchalant despite the loud beating of his heart and shaky breathing.
It was never about the list.
The way he kissed her went beyond any reason, only existing as a mere excuse. His eyes betrayed him the most.

"la bohème, la bohème~"

"Fuck the list"
She pulls him back down relishing the softness he gave out so kindly. He complied, for he finally had her and yet, at the same time he knew he was losing her.

♬ "ça ne veut plus rien dire du tout"

They were young.
They were fools.
They both found themselves falling into the abyss with no ground in sight, poisoned by the cruelty of this world.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈