chapter 20

word count: 865

word count: 865

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖𝕤 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The scent of ocean felt so nostalgic. Y/N dearly missed the feeling of salty air and the sound of waves entangling with the beach sand.
She managed to convince Bakugo to go with her and as well her parents to leave them be and to not worry. She promised them it would be just a short walk, and If anything, she'll give them a call.
It has been so long since she went out like this.

She ran up closer to where the water met the ground, leaving Bakugo all the way behind. Stretching her arms up high, she closed her eyes for a moment, feeling the wind that tickled her skin and brushed her hair away from her face.

"Stop running like that dammit", the boy grumbled. His rough voice was barely coherent from the harmonic clashing of the sea and the wind that fluttered around them.
She turned her face around to look at him and when seeing his disinterested self, her lip curled into a smile.

"Oh stop nagging me, I thought I left my parents at home y'know"

He squinted his eyes at her just when the words left her mouth. She triggered him so much with her babbling mouth. But for some reason, he loved the little bickering with her. He noticed her hidden smile whenever he had an outburst and the way she found it amusing, just like right now.

"I'm gonna beat your ass"
He ran straight towards her making her yelp at the sudden impact of his arms wrapped around her waist. Throwing her over his shoulder, he started walking towards the water.

"No! Let me down!"

He grinned.
"Gladly"
Slowly starting to lower her down, she realized her mistake.

"ACTUALLY NO", she held onto his torso for her dear life  as to not fall in the shallow part of the water.
She could've used her quirk. He knew it as well.
"Please", she whined out.

He smiled smugly and went to put her on the ground all worked up. She took deeper breaths and then bursting into laughter thumping down into the soft golden sand.
"You can't win against me dimwit", he says without batting an eye towards her.

"Why can't you just use my name for just once?"

"Fine", he sat next to her, his eyes separating from the sea horizon back to her, "You can't win against me Y/N"

It was always a struggle for her to keep up with his gaze when it made her so flustered by how keen and deep his eyes lured her. Her name rolled of his tongue so easily and her face felt warmer.
She turned straightforward, resting her chin on her knees.
"Well, I'm sure there's at least one Y/N in the infinite amount of parallel universes who is attending UA and is kicking your ass right now as we speak"

He huffed.
"Yeah right", sarcasm hid in his voice.
It made him think about the many possibilities and worlds where she didn't have this problem.
"Not me...", he mumbled, "but the rest of my class, definitely"

"Really?", she perked up at his remark, slight excitement tinting her voice. He could be nice when he wanted to.

"Yeah"
They continued to sit there in silence, watching the water glisten from the pale sunlight.
There was always something serene about this secluded place where Y/N adored to come when she was a little girl.
Coming here with him felt all more sentimental and meaningful.
Two similar little silhouettes on the coastline, two people and two completely different state of bodies. The girl thought about her disintegrating self.
The boy thought about a glimpse of possibility of swapping their places.

"Is there anything else you want to do?"

"What? Like a wish list before I die?"

At the mention of the word, his nose scrunched up. He could only give her a scowl that peaked over his upper arms which remained crossed over his knees as he still sat down. It was enough for her to continue without mentioning anything that would possibly tick him off.

"I dunno...", she started tracing patterns on the sand scattered between them, her eyelashes cast down a shade under her eyes and he couldn't pinpoint what she thought about. He always analyzed her so meticulously.
"There're so many things, like...
I wanna know what dragonfruit tastes like just cause it looks pretty, I wanna see how my lavender turns out,
I still haven't experienced my first kiss"

She fell in love long time ago, but she realized it way too late. It would be absolutely mindless If she told him in these last cherishable moments of her life. She wanted to remember them like this.
Would it be different If she told him back then? She could only mentally scoff at the thought.
He probably wouldn't reciprocate.

"Don't sweat on that dumb stuff", he said, but the slight blush of his cheeks said otherwise.

If only she knew how much she shook his world as well and how his heart wavered whenever she was next to him.

If only she knew how much he started loving her.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈