04. Chance?

Kiara's POV:

"I'm not a virgin." I blurted out. I don't know how this stupid plan came in my mind, I didn't even think once what will my family say if they ever heard this. I was awaiting his reaction, ignoring the consequences of my words.

My heart beat so fast, it was driving me crazy. He was sat quietly even after listening to me and I'd expected the exact opposite, to be honest. I wanted him to scream at him, yell at me, fight me, so that I could reject him.

Because, if I'm being honest, this thing didn't go according to my plan. I was supposed to find a flaw in him and reject him, but when he smiled at me for the first time, the world started seeming a flawless place to me. It was like everything was as right as rain!

Say something, you stupid!

I scolded him in my mind.

It felt so wrong, so incorrect, and so stupid, it isn't like it's the first time I'm lying, but a lie is a lie and just thinking about it makes me nervous.

Shubman stared at me blankly for few seconds. I could see he was shocked or wait, he might've started questioning my character already. And though it doesn't seem right to say this, but that's what I want him to do. I want him to think wrong of me and reject this alliance.

He moved his gaze away from me, looking sideways and raking his hand in his dark black hair, before his glassy brown eyes glued back to me. I stared at the veins popping out of his biceps as he did that. And moved my eyes away before he could catch me staring at him so shamelessly.

"So.." He cleared his throat. "Do you like..uh love him?"

"Love who?" I asked mindlessly. Well, his actions are sure distracting.

"The guy you..were with?" He asked again, specifying it this time.

"No, no." I again blurted out, without thinking. He raised an eyebrow at me, questioning me to explain him clearly.

Of course, why'd I sleep with a guy if I don't love him? I should've expected him, asking me this question.

You're so dumb, Kiara!

"I.. I mean.. We uh.. We were drunk, yeah, we were drunk." I repeated, as if persuading myself.

'Have you ever even had a drink?' My subconscious mocked at me.

'Shut up, Phoebe!' I scolded him.

You must be wondering who's Phoebe? Let me tell you, I call my subconscious or inner mind, Phoebe and he's so annoying at times.

"It was a mistake." I said, trying to act confident, cause even an unknown could easily tell when am I lying. Yes, I sound so hesitant when I try to lie.

"A mistake?" He repeated and I nodded my head at him.

"And your parents don't know about it?" I shook my head at his query.

"That's okay, I guess." He shrugged his shoulders and I gaped at him. Did he just it's okay? No, you stupid, you were supposed to fight me.

"We are humans and humans are bound to make mistakes. But the mistakes made in past, shouldn't define your present or future." He smiled after almost eleven minutes. And I think that's the longest he hasn't smiled since the moment I met him.

"And don't worry, your secret will be safe with me, of course." He said, now grinning.

I roamed my eyes around the room to bang my head on the nearest wall right now. He's just too sweet for me and I'm a bitter bitch.