08. I could've been them.

Yeh dil yeh jaan

Hai teri tu maan

Tu jo hai yahan

Phir kya yeh jahan..

Kiara's POV:

Oh God! No, no, this isn't happening. No!

"Um, do me a favour, order for me as well, I'll go use the restroom till then." I told Shubman, getting up and left for the washroom as he nodded with a frown.

So, apparently what happened was, as soon as I sat down on the chair, I felt a leak slowly dripping down on my underpants.

I'm an endometriosis patient and needless to say, I bleed extremely heavily and painfully. And I'd absolutely no idea that I would have my periods today and for the worst. So when I was sitting on the chair, I pressed one of my leg on the top of other, squeezing them together so that the drip would slow down somehow but instead I felt it smearing between my legs. And I knew, I wouldn't have been able to stop it anymore, so I stood up and walked to the washroom hurriedly.

But now, the problem is, the stain on my jeans. I do have tampons in my bag so that's not a big deal.

I locked the door and removed my jeans to see if I could wash the stain off. Ugh, why the hell did I wear a sky blue coloured jeans? The stain is so apparent, for God's sake.

Okay, okay, let me try this once. I kept the stained portion of the jeans exactly under the water. Thankfully, the cold water helped lighten the stain on my pants and then I dried it under the hand dryer machine.

"Kiara?" I heard someone knock on the washroom door.

"Coming." I called out, putting on the tampon and my pants in a hurry. I pulled down the T-shirt I was wearing so the slight stain didn't look so apparent when I walk out in public. Not like there were much people in the restaurant, but still it's embarrassing to walk around wearing a stained pant.

"Ji?" I asked the lady who'd knocked on the door.

"Kid, your husband is waiting for you outside." She told me in Punjabi.

"My husband?" She nodded and walked inside the washroom. "H.. He's not my husband tho.." I told her, not sure if she heard it.

"Hey!" Shubman waved at me. "You okay?" He asked, approaching.

"Y.. Yeah, completely fine." I stuttered.

"Sure na?" I nodded my head, not looking at him.

"Where's the food?" I asked.

"Uh, I didn't order." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"What? Why?" I almost screamed at him. I'd told him to order for me as well, because I was hungry as anything.

"You didn't tell me what you'd like to eat." I facepalmed.

"Shubman, mujhe sachi bahot bhukh lagi hai. Kuch bhi order kar do, kuch bhi. At this point, I'm ready to eat anything." I said, giving him puppy eyes look and he called the waiter immediately.

"Achha tell me, you eat pizza?" He asked again.

"Anything will do, anything." I repeated.

"Yes sir, can I take your order?" The waiter asked.

"Yes please, red pepper chargrilled hummus with buckwheat crackers, jigsaw scrambled eggs on sourdough toast with mushrooms and onions and yeah, truffle and Portobello mushroom pizza."