11. Not jealous.

Comment, okay? Pls. I have got my term end before Christmas and I feel so low:(

Jaanu main sab kuch jo tu chupaye

Mere alawa sabko bataye

Pyaar se haq mujhpe jo jataye

Na jaane kyu itna tu sataye..

Kiara's POV:

One moment you're packing your bags, seeing off your family, and driving to the airport, and everything in your life seems just alright. But the next moment, your heart sinks to what seems like the deepest pits of hell, followed by emptiness and a sharp pain in your chest and a numbness in your hands. It makes breathing a chore, you stop seeing colours in the world and you see what dying slowly feels like.

I don't understand how my life could feel so different all of a sudden and the melancholy had settled on me like an unpredictable change in the wind, when I finally realised the plane was about to take off and in fact, it was taking off.

I choked with the intangible sadness and misery. I felt like I was dying, my heart was stopping, my mind was numbing and my hands just felt too lifeless to grab something for a bit of comfort. I could not pin point where exactly did it ached the most but I just knew it was there, like none before.

The engine revved with noise and I shut my eyes close, as I could not get the image of my dead parents' from out of my mind. It wasn't like I've never missed them before, I always did, but being on the same thing that caused your parents' death hits your memories hard. Yes, they'd died in a plane crash. I was just five then and I had no idea how I was one of the 29 people who had survived. God thought of sparing my life or say, letting me go with a few injuries like, broken rib, collapsed lung, dislocated shoulder, shattered patella, torn ACL and a grade three concussion.

I breathed in harshly, almost breaking into a sob, as Shubman kept his hand on top of mine.

I turned to look at my right side and saw him rubbing my hand slightly between his, but I couldn't even feel the heart radiating from his hands. My hands just felt too numb to feel anything.

I stared at him, unmoving, breathing hard, and that was when he placed his hand on my cheek, making me shut my eyes for a moment. His warm hands felt so nice on my cold skin.

I could see his lips moving but there was no way I could understand what's he saying or at least try to make sense of words that I suppose he could be saying.

I just held his hand tightly, shutting my eyes, and keeping my head on his shoulder. 

Almost an hour had passed or maybe two, when I fluttered my eyes open. I guess, I just needed a nap. My head was pounding and eyes just felt heavy. But it was better than before, there were no flashbacks at least, no dwelling into the past, no images of people dying around me, no sirens and almost no pain. Yeah, it was definitely better.

"You okay?" I heard Shubman whisper in my ear, as I still had my head on his shoulder. I pulled over the blanket that he'd put on me while I was asleep.

I pulled myself away from, resting my head against the window now. "I hope,  I didn't snore." 

He laughed, shaking his head. "No, no, you did not." I smiled and turned to see him ordering for menu already. "I was hungry but you were asleep, so what'd you want to eat now?" He asked, passing me the menu.