22. Partner?

Ayesha

I hate this restlessness that comes up with the feeling that I'm feeling right now, that hollowness in the chest, that uneasiness in the heart, and the heat creeping up my back slowly.

I press some keys on my laptop and feel my breath getting shallower and sweat beginning to form on my forehead. I make fists on the side of my body and dig my nails in my palm.

I had no clue if Abhay would ever understand what I'm feeling, if I could ever explain how anxious, and hollow, and sad I'm feeling. How it's not just simply love and all niceness. How it was a pain in the heart, a weight on the chest, and stones in the head. My migraine was starting to take a toll.

It terrified me, it made me feel extremely giddy, and.. used. Used? Yes.

How could I not know that he's my father's business partner?? How could he not tell me that? When did I become so unsophisticated and naïve to give myself to someone I barely know??

He's a partner in my father's business firm. No wonder why my mother liked him so much when she first met him that day. Was it even their first meet??

I have no idea but this is killing me, the feeling of not knowing who he really is, who I am really with and who I really want to be with??

I pace in my room, pressing my ear to the door at times, hoping to listen what they are talking about, or even catch a glimpse of them to judge the look on their faces.

Coco walks to me, and then between my legs and back, he plays to get my attention. I pick him up, hold him in my arms and he cuddles as I walk carrying him. Sometimes he gets so demanding, but he's the one who calms me down at times, so I don't really mind.

"He confuses me." I talk to Coco and he looks up at me with his sleepy eyes. I rub his head with my other hand as he sleeps on my forearm. My poor baby has had a hard week too. For starters, I had to hide him for a first few days cause I knew my parents would refuse to keep him, and then I had to feed him with my pocket money which wasn't surely well, but I'd sneak out at times in the night and feed Coco in the kitchen from the fridge, or pick my father's loose money to save for his food.

My father had never met Abhishek in front of me (no meeting that I can recall of), he just knew that I went to my college tour trip with a "friend". And now he had bought home a "business partner" to have lunch with him. I bet my mother knew this all, I know she's good at pretending things but why'd she let me go out with him?? She hates when I bring my male friends home.

I hault in my steps as I hear the knock on the door of my room. And without giving it a second thought, I pull it open. Abhishek barges in and closes the door behind him silently. I cross my arms in front of my chest as I stand in front of him.

"What do you want?" I ask him rudely and ignoring my tone, he walks towards me with a smirk.

"Abhay, wha.." My words stay in my mouth as he leans down and kisses me. Coco notices but doesn't mind. I mean, not anymore. "What are you doing here?" I ask as he pulls away. He doesn't answer, he just leans over and before he could kiss me again, I put a hand on his chest, telling him this is not what I want right now.

"I need answers." I stay firm.

"What? We're involved in business. Your father and me." He clarifies. "What's the big deal?" He asks and I snort.

"What's the big deal??? It is a big deal. To me. I was never gonna know this if my father hadn't invited you over, right? You were never gonna tell me, hai na?? Cause apparently, 'it's not a big deal'." I push at his chest.