26. Let's play.

Kiara's "pull" in her wedding video made me write this.. Not getting over it anytime soon

Shubman

Relationships are fickle. And shallow. And highly dramatic. Or so I've heard people say.

And it is fine! Trading in a cooler person is a part of growing up, of getting "mature". Because at some point, you do expect people to stop that. To stop believing that the world would survive if no one really loved anyone.

Sadly, not everyone grows out of these conditional relationships. Many people, for whatever reason, get stuck into that. They never let go of the belief that love and acceptance are contingent on some benefit, some condition that they must fulfill.

Not subjecting yourself to the risk of falling for someone is just selfish, in my opinion.

And sometimes, we think we can change a person. But in all fairness, that's only possible if they really want to change. If they really would allow someone in their heart for once. If they really would allow themselves to feel.

Kiara is that closed book that I've been waiting to read every page of. And sometimes, I just feel like I try way too hard and it's not even worth it. I know and I understand that she's had issues growing up without the proper parental love. But that has made her shut everyone off entirely. She has grown this invisible walls around her, that have gotten so tough over the years, it's almost looking impossible to break through, no matter how hard I try.

She thinks she'd be making a mistake if she lets anyone truly love her. And that makes sense somehow, because everytime she's loved someone as much, she's been left alone, all by herself.

"Do you want to meet the kids?" I ask her, once we get out of the car.

"Kids?"

"This school.. that we're going to give the charity money to. The kids are coming to watch us play today." I explain.

"That's great!" Her eyes lighten up.

"You love children!" I remark.

"I do." She smiles.

"Well then, I think 3 would be good." I say with a wink but obviously she doesn't understand.

"3 what?"

"Our kids. We're having 3 kids?" I tease her.

"Shubman." She blushes slightly. "Go away." I kiss her cheek and guide her to the stands and introduce her to the ladies.

"This is cool. You guys are like WAGs." Abhishek says, jumping in.

"WAGs?" Kiara asks.

"Haan, wives and girlfriends of athletes." He explains.

"Oh."

"Bhaiya.." A kid, comes running and hugs my legs.

"Hello, little one!" I pick him up in my arms. "What's your name?"

"Zayn." He shyly looks towards the ladies.

"You're my favourite cricketer." He says, kissing my cheek, and giggles.

"Okay." I laugh, putting him down and ruffle his hair slightly but from his reaction I can tell he didn't like that. "So you came here to see me today?"

"Yes, can you do a big six, please?" He spreads his arms wide to do "big" and Kiara's laugh catches my attention.

"Okay, sir. But I need you to kiss me good luck, come on." I put my face forward and he kisses both my cheeks. I return him a tight, long kiss on cheek and he pouts. He's so cute.