[3] Visions of the past

Waking up in a cold sweat was something you never liked have, especially after the last one stopped a year ago.

You've been having nightmares once again and feeling way too vivid and lucid. They would always start back in Snezhnaya—your main home.

They began happening last month, when you met Itto on the day you found him lying on the ground in front of your house. Yes, a month has passed.

You weren't really sure why they started happening after meeting him; somehow he could be a trigger to them perhaps. At first, you didn't mind them but they gradually started getting more violent.

Sometimes you would get decent dreams but most of the time, they would end up in bloodshed.

Good thing you didn't see Yoimiya in here like last time, it was slightly embarrassing. The first time she came in your room was after hearing you yell while you were going through a nightmare—said it was scary seeing you like that.

You sighed and laid back down watching the ceiling. "These are getting worse... might have to make a trip to Liyue for some medicine." You murmured and slowly, you fell back to sleep.

You wandered around your room aimlessly till you ended up wanting to get the medicine you needed for your nightmares, better safe than sorry.

Putting on your clothes and grabbing your traveling bag, you went to the spare room (which was Yoimiyas) and knocked on her door gently. A small voice echoed inside and you walked in.

"Hey firecracker, I'm going out for a few days." You sat down on her bed and combed through her messy hair, "i need medicine for the nightmares again."

She blinked slowly, "do you want me to come with you?" She sat up and gave a big yawn as she stretched her arms.

"Nah it'll be okay, just need to see Qiqi for the stuff and I'll be back here soon." You smiled and patted her head, "go back to sleep, I'll see you whenever."

Yoimiya nodded with a sleepy smile on her face and fell back to sleep, taking it as your sign to leave too.

Once you made sure you got everything ready you walked out the house and took off. The journey to Liyue will probably take 3 days tops and thats with the busy ocean tides and whatnot.

While arriving at the boat harbor just near the village, you saw big white crazy hair just up ahead near one of the boats. With a closer look it was Itto?

The sound of your footsteps probably alarmed him and he got up quickly, taking out his claymore.

"Oh! It's just you y/n. What brings you here?"

You walked towards him and stood near the boat, "just need to do some traveling for a bit, what about you?" you eyed his facial expressions, noticing his eyes widened just a bit till they fell soft.

"Fixing up the boats here, someone complained one of them got damaged on the side." He scratched at his temple looking around.

Hmm. You nodded and walked backwards to get to the other boat that was here, "well! I'm off I'll see you when I get back." You smiled waving goodbye as you head inside the boat.

Itto stood there watching you, his eyes turning dark—staying still as your boat left the harbor.

__

You were glad you were prepared when going out at sea. There was huge waves and at night it was absolutely chaotic, you barely slept a wink.

It was slowly turning to be morning and on your second day out here. Peering out the windows, the view of the city was coming into view from afar looking small.

You were excited to be at a different place once again even though it was just for the medicine.

Soon as your boat docked, you head out and made your way over to one of the food carts feeling hungry.

After you had your fill you crossed over the mini bridge and headed over to Bubu Pharmacy.

"Qiqi..? Uhh Mr. Baizhu you in here?" You peeked through the big pharmacy and waited till you heard the small voice coming from over the counter.

"I'm here.. oh, it's y/n. Is there something you need?" Qiqi looked up at you from where she stood, putting her index finger to her mouth to think.

"You are still so adorable! And yes, do you guys still make those pills for the nightmares?" And when you were taking a second to look around you saw Baizhu walking in.

"Miss y/n, it's lovely to see you here. Is Qiqi having trouble with you?"

"Not at all, she's just taking her time to respond, but do you guys have the pills for nightmares?"

He nodded and his little white snake came out to greet you, well sort of. "Yes I do! Stay here I'll get them." He walked behind the counter giving Qiqi a pat on her head and disappeared to the back room.

In the mean time, you were trying to talk with Qiqi, but she kept mentioning about the Cocogoat like always. A few moments later Baizhu came out with a small glass of blue pills.

"Here you are, tell me how they feel when you take them later tonight. Hopefully these ones will work for you." He handed them over with a smile.

You said your thanks and goodbyes and went you went outside, the sky was gradually turning darker.

The sun was almost setting and it was time to go. The moment you got to the boat harbor, you felt uneasy, as if someone was watching you. Looking around cautiously, you noticed a shadow behind tall boxes.

You sped up your walk slowly and made it to the door of the boat till you felt a big pair of hands grab you from behind, covering your mouth with something.

The last thing you heard or seen was white, "I'm sorry to do this to you.." then you knocked out cold.

__

The sounds of rustling paper and pen scribbling down made you wake up. You groaned sitting up and took in the place you were at, making your blood run cold.

It was your room. Not just that, it was your Snezhnayan room.

You froze up and noticed the scribbling stopped from a corner of the room. You looked around quick and right then, you saw your brother with his hands on his hips.

"Nice to see you little sis. Welcome home." He grinned and at that, he threw you some clothes.

Upon looking at them, you heart dropped and felt even more colder. They were Fatui uniform. "Chop chop, can't have my little sister running late to her first ceremony."

And with that he left, leaving you alone to softly cry into your arms. Were the nightmares just a sign that this was going to happen..? A warning maybe?

You weren't ready. You wanted to leave, but what could you do? You're back in Snezhnaya and if you leave, Scaramouche will just bring you back.

You shivered and slowly took off your gear, replacing it with the Fatui uniform. Standing in front of the door to your old room, you inhaled deeply—turning the knob and exiting out.

This was not the journey you wanted.

___

final part to the story! what you guys think? might have to explore a little more for where this takes us 😣