[16] Transformation

Itto was now staring at you with a sadden look, brows furrowed and concern all over his face as well. He then took a moment to look away from you and look down at his hands, his long black nails were shorter and the markings he had were gone.

"What did you do to him?" You turned your head to face your mother, anger boiling inside you. If he's lost his Oni side and instead is a normal human, he won't be capable to see to the humans from the soul orbs. He will only see them as floating like you.

"He wasn't supposed to turn like this, he was supposed to turn to an actual Oni. Instead, he's turned to a human... strange.." she muttered the last few words to herself, looking at Itto with a curious gaze.

Your eyes were still on her, seeing she was looking at the strange liquids and making brief glances at you and Itto.

Whatever was inside Itto's syringe, it was supposed to make him change to the old folklore creatures you used to hear about as a little kid about actual oni's. There's quite a few popular stories about them but the most known one was about the red and blue oni's. Yet, it changed Itto to an actual human.

Would there be side effects to this? Will he be able to ever change again or is he permanently like this now because of your mother? More and more situations keep coming up and now this is added to the list of complications.

While you were deep in thought, your mother left the room with two guards trailing behind her, but there were a few guards inside the giant cell still.

You sighed and looked off to the side to see Scaramouche. He mouthed to you, 'I'm going to create a diversion, and we'll leave' you looked at him like he was crazy, because well, he was.

How is that going to work? He's still... you squinted your eyes when Scaramouche was checking his wrist up close and your mouth dropped open. He actually took the handcuff off—hiding his only hand behind him again before talking.

"Hey you, can I use the bathroom." He yelled out to one of the guards nearest to him, face stoic as ever but with a small hint of a sly grin. And when the guard turned to face another they shrugged. 

Then the guard kneeling down in front of the harbinger but immediately dropped back down by a brutal kick to the face. 

Scaramouche got up quickly and rushed over to help Itto out of the strapped chair first— struggling a bit with just the one hand he has until Itto steps in to help you out quickly.

"I can't believe you did that!" You yelled at your brother for being reckless and for possibly injuring himself more. Itto went quickly towards where he can see your guys weapons and grabbed his, swinging it around and knocking the guards down.

It was weird seeing him not be in his usual form. His white and red ombré hair was gone and replaced by black hair with grey highlights and his eye color was just silver; no red mixed with golden eyes and of course, no horns either.

In the mean time he was grabbing your guy's things, you were helping Scaramouche fight off the other guards while using your elemental power.

"Alright! Lets get out of here before Baal is alerted!"

He was jogging up to you two and kicked away one of the guards with a strong enough kick, even in his 'human form' he's still strong. He grabbed your hand while you pulled at Scaramouche's only hand only to halt, "wait, we don't even know where Thoma and Childe are?"

Itto stopped as well and groaned to himself, "man... if I was in my old form I probably would sense where they're at except, I'm a HUMAN!" He huffs out and places his hands on his hips, and begins thinking.