[4] Inazuma massacre

Five years had passed and you were ready to leave Snezhnaya. Even if this was your birth place, a lot of things happened while you were brought here just few years ago.

You had to go through Fatui military training and if you were to stay longer, you would've become one of the next Harbingers—would be alright if you did, just wanted to leave soon as possible now.

It's been a few weeks but your brother, Scaramouche, has been acting a bit weird lately. He just seemed very off.

He would come back very late and say thing's along the lines that "it's none of your business" or "just your best friend Childe being a complete fool and not doing his duties."

Childe. He was the first friend you made when you both were very little. Always teased but he was a much better brother figure than your actual one.

You both did catch up when you came back, telling each other what's gone down since you've left Snezhnaya, but other than that, you were waiting for the day to leave and this, was that day.

In fact, you're already with your traveling bag and waiting for a boat to go to Inazuma.

You said your goodbyes to the people you've been with for the past couple years, and even Childe came to personally say his goodbyes and give tons of hugs —giving you "relationship advice" and whatnot.

Scaramouche wasn't around, which was expected. Anyways, it was time to leave soon as you saw the boat heading towards you.

The moment you got on you felt uneasy and that hasn't happened for a LONG TIME. You inhaled deeply and you were off to Inazuma.

__

But this. This, was not what you were expecting to come back to.

Inazuma was engulfed in purple fog and the whole place looked deserted, no people in sight at all. What the hell even happen here... you could even barely recognize the city.

You were all excited to be here but now, this wasn't even Inazuma at all.

When you turned around, the boat was already gone and now you were basically stranded on what used to be your second home. So, you decided to walk through the fog, taking out your sword and lighting it up with your pyro element.

The city made you feel uneasy, feeling like someone or something, was watching you from afar. Echoed sounds of your footsteps on the concrete made you feel even more uncomfortable, and that was when you heard it.

There was a growl coming from your right side but through this fog, you could barely even see passed where your feet were.

You held out your sword and squinted hard to see through. The growling was becoming louder and a moment later you were tackled to the ground—hitting your head.

"Fuck... that hurt." Your eyes were closed shut as the pain to your head throbbed.

When you opened your eyes there was something staring back at you, feeling the heaviness of them on top of you. You coughed and tried shoving them away but they didn't budge.

The growl echoed but now it was closer. Much more closer now — it was just right in front of your face. Whoever or whatever was on top, moved closer and a steam of smoke blew onto your face.

You shrunk into yourself from them with eyes closed, feeling scared of whatever that was.

Upon opening your eyes again, something twisted inside your chest once you got a clear view of what you were looking at.