[27] Red swan

The loud screeching sound the 'monster' was letting out surrounded the whole place on Dragonspine, it felt like it could have deafen the ears of everyone nearby.

You had to close your eyes hard as the screeching didn't stop until Itto yelled at the figure that was supposed to be mothers twin. You felt... bad, the noise was gut wrenching, felt like they were in pain.

Having that hunch that it was going to be bad if mother actually created her twin, you weren't expecting it to be like this. Ei was still standing still not moving an inch, but your brother and Itto passed her to get a good distance from her twin.

Right now, you were watching from afar with Childe, Jean and Thoma but healing those two at the same time. With the injury left by your mother burning on your back, your sole focus was on Jean and Thoma.

Childe... there's still something off with him and when you were focusing on healing, you left your guard down for a second—hearing shuffling from behind and saw Thoma holding his pole arm to deflect Childe's water blade attack.

Your eyes widen and Thoma grunted as he pushed his polearm back to throw Childe away from you.

Childe skidded on the ground trying to stop from himself from hitting a boulder behind him, "don't make this any harder than it has to be." He has both arms crossed over his chest and looks at you and then at Thoma.

"What are you trying to accomplish?" placing a hand on Thoma's shoulder glaring at Childe. Why save you from the explosion then try to attack you? Doesn't make sense...

The harbinger puts his hands down by his sides and shakes his head, "I want the gnosis."

A shaky breath leaves you and your injury on your back starts burning. The gnosis? You know it's a mission to collect all of them for the Tsaritsa but, you thought he had stopped.

All the things you've exchanged with each other on the boat when you were leaving Inazuma, it made your stomach churn. It made your heart ache and you grimaced by seeing his neutral face looking back at you.

"Scaramouche isn't going to give up the gnosis just like that. All the years we've known each other, you should know by now how he won't go down that easily, even if it's you."

Childe scoffs and waves you off, "sure, but I'm confident I'm up there in terms of strength." You reach behind your back to grab your sword instead of Yoimiya's bow when Childe stepped forward.

"I won't let you get the gnosis." You stood up by the help of Thoma and pointed your sword at Childe.

"We'll see who the last person standing is." He raises his water blades, keeping a keen eye on you before heading out towards you when you moved.

You blocked your face with your sword when Childe got close, deflecting the rest of his attacks but got hit when he moved his right hand upwards, leaving a cut across your cheek and letting out a hiss.

The fight went on for what felt like hours. You could hear the other fight with your brother and Itto still going and from the corner of your eye, glancing quickly seeing Thoma and Jean retreating and bringing the real Albedo with them somewhere.

Good. There's no need for anyone else to get badly hurt.

Childe saw an opening and went to aim at your arm but you blocked the attack by putting your sword in front of the other arm, almost in a kneeling stance and pushed him off.

"Not bad, you blocked my attack pretty well." He grins but theres a pause as he launched himself at you at full speed with purple lighting around his form.