Chapter 14 - Deal

I walked up the stairs to my room to get my towel I had left in the drawer chest last night. After taking a shower, Miss Judy wanted to take me on a short tour of the charity house. So that I can get to know this charity house better.

While walking towards the room, I recalled the moment in the dining room. It was really fun in the dining room. Beside the food was delicious, I also met and got to know new people. They are all very nice and friendly. They also told me about themselves. Like how they got here. Or the abilities they have. And in this introduction I understood the meaning of the word 'human'.

***

I opened my bedroom door. I found the bed still in a mess. The curtains haven't been opened either. And the nightlight is off. But what surprised me the most was that Shadow Master wasn't around.

Where is he going? I didn't see him in the dining room.

I stepped into the room. Suddenly I heard the lion staff that I had put in the drawer warning me.

Shadow Master? But he's nowhere...

Wait a minute

I quickly looked behind the door. And it's right! Shadow Master was behind the door.

Without further ado, Shadow Master grabbed my collar. Then he pulled me towards the wall behind him while twisting my body. Then he pushed me until my back was against the wall. He then let go his grip on my collar and grabbed my neck. I reflexively grabbed his wrist. Shadow Master then used his foot to push the door until it close completely.

"So.... looks like you've met your friends again, huh?" He said looking at me.

"Y-yes!" I answered. "And also new friends."

"Oh, so now all the residents here are your friends. Is that so?"

"Yes! And maybe all the staff and employees will also be my friends."

"Up to you!"

Shadow Master then looked at me more closely. "So you already understand the meaning of my threat last night?"

The meaning of the threat?

if you dare report to anyone, then I will...

I was silent for a moment.

Will what? What might he do? Kill me? But he said killing me now wouldn't do any good. Torturing me? That's what he want to do so that's why he threaten me to shut up.

So then, what does that mean?

Suddenly, i felt Shadow Master put a little pressure on my neck. He seemed annoyed that I didn't answer right away.

Shadow Master looked at me more closely. "You fool! You seem don't understand the point. Then, let me just say it!" Shadow Master sighed. "if you dare report to anyone, then I will hurt your friends! So if you want them to be okay, don't you try to report!"

I swallowed saliva.

Shadow Master... He knows I won't let my friends get hurt. And now he's using it to keep me silence.

But if I do, is there any guarantee he won't break his words? No, I can't just sit back and let him torture me without the guarantee that he won't break his words. I have to do something. But what?

. . .

Ah! Maybe this can.

"Fine, I won't try to report. But-" I glared. "If you ever dare to break your words, just once I find you breaking your words, I will immediately report it to Miss Judy so that your power will permanently locked!"

Shadow Master looked not happy after I said that. "You dare threaten me back!?"

"I need a guarantee. Yes or no?!" I replied without hesitation.

Shadow Master snorted. "Fine! Yes! I agree!"

With annoyed, Shadow Master let go of me. He then steped back. His right hand grabbed the doorknob. Suddenly he opened the door with a harsh. The door was pointed straight at me.

He wants to hit me with the door?!

I closed my eyes, ready to receive the hit.

Five seconds passed but the hit never came. I then opened one of my eye. I saw the door stopped only a finger's width away from me. I then looked at Shadow Master.

Shadow Master looked at me with a chuckle. Then without further ado, he walked out of the room and closed the door, leaving me alone.

I took a deep breath.

For now, I can breathe a sigh of relief. But after this I have to prepare physically and mentally to face all the suffering that he will give.

Will I be strong enough to face it?