Chapter 21 - Sick

The next morning, I was immediately "greeted" by a pair of eyes staring intently at me.

Professor Higgabottom

"What?" Asked me lazy.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO PADDLE POP?!"

Hah? Why did he ask that? Could it be that kitten had told him?

No! Calm down! Calm down!

"What do you mean?" I said trying not to look suspicious.

"DON'T PRETEND YOU DON'T KNOW!" His gaze grew intently. "PADDLE POP IS SICK! HE'S GOT HIGH FEVER! HIS HEAD IS DIZZY!"

Sick? So last night he really wasn't feeling well? Oh sucks! I should have just let him go last night. So, maybe Paddle Pop won't get sick and this situation won't happen.

This is bad! I can get busted.

"Professor, that's enough!" Liona's voice was heard not far from the two of us. "There's no point talking to him."

Professor turned to Liona. A afew moments later, professor sighed and flew towards Liona.

But in the middle of his way, he turned around and looked back at me intently.

"If something happen to Paddle Pop, you're going to get the consequences!"

After saying that, professor flew away followed by Liona.

***

Paddle Pop's PoV
Ugh, my head is so heavy!

Now, I am laying in a bed in the medical unit room. I just got back from the doctor with Miss Judy.

"How is his condition?" asked Liona who had just arrived.

"The doctor said that he just needs to rest and take some medicine." Miss Judy replied.

"Thank goodness!" Professor replied.

"Excuse me, please!" Said Miss Judy.

"Yes, thank you!" replied Liona.

"Paddle Pop.." Miss Judy said while looking at me. "For the time being, you better sleep here, okay! So that it can be monitored more.

"Yes!" I said slowly. Inwardly, I'm relieved that at least I won't have to deal with Shadow Master for a few days.

Miss Judy then left the room.

And now, I'm in this room with Liona and professor.

"Paddle Pop, how can you get sick?" professor asked worriedly.

"I think it was because i got rained yesterday." I answered slowly.

I do not lie. Yesterday, I did get rained on when I decided to take a short walk around the town. I didn't expect that it will rain. That because the weather was very sunny before.

"Are you serious that because you got rained?" asked Liona. "In fact, you've been rained a few times, but it didn't make you sick like this."

I looked at Liona. "Well, maybe my body has not been able to adapt to the environment and different weather conditions and climates."

"Nothing to do with Shadow Master?" asked professor suddenly. "Because you're in the same room as him. Which means you're very close to him. Plus, he clearly hates you. It's not impossible that he could do something to you. Yeah, even though i know that his power is being locked, but he can use another way."

Ah, that's right professor! Shadow Master did do something to me. Every night, he always tortured me. It makes me hard to sleep every night. And it makes me often tired.

Tired? Hmmm... maybe that's one of the reasons why I get sick like this because got rained. Even though before, if i got rained, I never get sick like this. My endurance when i got rained yesterday must have been weak. Plus it's in a new environment.

I looked at professor and Liona. Maybe this is my chance to tell what Shadow Master has done to me.

I was about to tell them when I suddenly saw Shadow Master peeking through the door and staring at me intently.

Oh, this is bad! Why is he there? Plus Miss Judy is not here. If I said it now, it could be terrible!

"Paddle Pop..." professor's voice startled me. Professor must be waiting for my answer.

"No! This has nothing to do with Shadow Master." I finally answered.

Well, looks like it's not the time yet. I still have to be patient. At least now I can take some rest from it.