Chapter 23 - Outbond and Camping

Three weeks later

The Murah Hati charity house holds outbound and camping.  The activity will be held for three days and two nights.  They would camp in a campsite in the tourist area in the north of the town.  This is one of the annual agenda that held in the summer.

They left after breakfast by bus. It takes an hour on the road.  During on their way, they enjoyed talk with each other.  Talk about what they might do.  Yeah, except Shadow Master of course.  He sat alone in the back corner seat.

Arriving at the location, they immediately set up the tents.  There are six tents.  Two tents for the females and two tents for the males.  While the staff and employees are in the remaining two tents.  Their tents are also divided into one tent for the males and one for the females.

To determine who sleeps in which tent, it is determined by raffle. And the result is:

Male's Tent 1
Paddle Pop
Tonny
Itoba
Terry
Dill
Kito
Devo
Rio
Jackie
Shadow Master

Male's tent 2
Kara
Twitch
Spike
Harry
Higgabottom
Gannesha
Taka
Kino
Tora
Elbetro

Female's tent 1
Liona
Arumi
Clares
Vivi
Sisi
Ann
Alexa
Lucia
Felina
Candy

Girls tent 2
Tara
Lia
Rita
Lisa
Freya
Rosella
Dira
Yira
Rizca

"Paddle Pop, can you sleep next to Shadow Master, please!"  asked Itoba, a human with glasses.  "You had used to dealing with him."

"Yes!"  Paddle Pop replied shortly.

"Thanks, Paddle Pop!"  Itoba replied as he walked away.

Why i am  stuck with him?  Luckily I had prepared for this possibility. Said Paddle Pop inside his heart.

"Your Majesty, you don't have to do it! Leave it to me!"

Paddle Pop turned and saw Terry already beside him.

"It's all right, Terry! Don't worry!"

"But-"

"I will be fine."

***

After lunch, the activities began.  The first activity is races.  There is clog race, three-legged race, and tug of war.  Just like the determination of the tent, each team or partner will be determined by raffle

Poor Paddle Pop.  When the three-legged race, he partnered with Shadow Master.  As a result, they lost. Even though before, they had almost won. Because Paddle Pop slipped, they both fell before crossing the finish line.

"Paddle Pop..." Shadow Master growled softly but enough for Paddle Pop to hear.

You're dragging me!  I'm desperately trying to keep up with your rhythm of step!  Paddle Pop screemed in his heart.  He knew saying it outright would only make things worse.

***

The night came.  After the bonfire was over, everyone entered to their tent.  Except for some of the staff who were assigned to watch the night.  Inside the tent, Paddle Pop who sleep next to Shadow Master immediately took out his bolster pillow and made it a barrier.

"This is our barrier. Don't cross it!"  said Paddle Pop.

"Never!"

But the next morning, they got a big surprise.  They found themselves looking at each other at a distance that almost made the scene censored.

"HUWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!...." they both shouted while moving away from each other.

"Where's the barrier?"  asked Paddle Pop.

He then saw that his bolster pillow is behind of Shadow Master.  "How did the bolster pillow get there? You moved it, didn't you?"

"That's not me! You're the one who threw it in there."

"No, I didn't!"

They didn't realize it was the two of them.  At dawn, those who were fast asleep unconsciously hugged the bolster pillow together. Then, they both started trying to hug that bolster pillow by themselves.  Then Paddle Pop let go that bolster pillow and threw it to Shadow Master.  Shadow Master then threw that bolster pillow to the behind of him.

***

Itoba and his roommate kito, a human cat came out of the tent.

"It's better outside rather hear they both argued in loud inside there."  Itoba said.

"Yes! It's still morning and they already fight."  Add Kitto.

"Ummm, if I'm not wrong, today, besides the games, there will be an activity of exploring the forest, right?"

"That's right, Itoba! It's one of the most awaited activity."