Chapter 3 - The Makeover

~Chapter 3~

*The Makeover*

Ashton opened the wardrobe, thinking about what outfit he should wear for the day. They didn't have class since it was the weekend, but he didn't want to lounge around in his pajamas all day. He was about to get into the shower, but he needed to bring his clothes with him. It was funny because he was used to having others dress him, but he wasn't comfortable being around Luke yet.

    "Dude, what's in there? Are the only pants you have slacks?" Luke asked, peering around Ashton into his wardrobe.

    Ashton shrugged.

    "It is proper. I cannot present myself in a way that is not representative of my heritage."

    Luke blinked twice, trying to figure out what he meant. After a couple moments he shook his head, pushing past the brunette and digging around his closet. Ashton made a noise of protest, but Luke ignored it.

    "I see multiple pairs of tan dress pants, black dress pants, and one pair of navy blue...All you have here are button up shirts with collars."

    "There are also some short sleeve shirts with collars, and sweaters for the cooler weather," Ashton provided, tugging one of his casual shirts out of the closet.

    Luke scoffed.

    "You can't walk around like this. Who helped you get here? They have no sense of what teenagers wear." Ashton's advisor had packed the least fancy of all of his clothing and had ordered some causal wear for him before he arrived. It was waiting for them when they arrived at the campus. He had unpacked everything for Ashton and the prince hadn't thought twice about the clothing he wore. He thought it was fine.

Luke shook his head. He grabbed the lot of clothes, lifting them out of the wardrobe and bringing them out to dump them in the garbage can.

    "Hey!" Ashton rushed over, trying to get his clothes back. "What are you doing?"

    "We need to do a complete makeover. You can't isolate yourself by acting all high and mighty, dressing like a church boy, and whatever. I can't really change how you speak, but if you dress a bit better and stop pretending like we all need to kiss the ground you walk on, you might be able to make some friends and fit in." Ashton opened his mouth to protest, but Luke stopped him. "If you continue to stick out, someone's going to find you."

    Ashton sighed. Maybe Luke had a point, but he did not need to be so rude about it.

    "Great, let's go to the mall!"

***

"Okay, Ash, where do you wanna go first?" Luke asked, walking into the large building. He opened the door and tried to walk through, but Ashton moved to cut around him. They bumped into each other, causing the brunette to glare at him before pushing past and walking in. Luke scoffed. He forgot that his majesty couldn't open his own doors.

    "I do not know. Do you have Gieves & Hawkes or perhaps Oliver Spencer here?"

    Luke shook his head.

    "No, Ash, we can't go to name brand places. You need like a Hollister or even JC Penny type wardrobe."

    "Who are those people? What kind of clothes does Mr Hollister make?"

    "They're not people, Ash, they're store names," Luke said. "You can't get anything fancy or name brand if you want to fit in. Normal college students are broke, you get $10 t-shirts and shop sales."

    "You can purchase a shirt for 10 dollars?" Ashton asked. That was shocking to him. He had never purchased clothing for himself, but he knew that the stuff that wasn't handmade for him was expensive and high quality.