Chapter 10 - The Late Night

~Chapter 10~

*The Late Night*

"At what time should I be ready?" Ashton asked, peeking out the bathroom. He was going to take a shower before going to see their friends for Late Night. He was not sure what that was, but he was excited to see them, nonetheless.

Luke turned around, shocked to find the prince standing in the doorway with his belt unbuckled, still hanging through the loops on his pants and shirt around his neck. Luke couldn't help but run a glance down his body, noting his toned muscles. Not in a creepy way, just innocent admiration and curiosity about what his roommate looked like. He was impressed, which he wasn't expecting. For a dude who sat in conference rooms running a country, he looked surprisingly good.

He cleared his throat, meeting Ashton's confused glance.

"Uh, I don't know, I'm going to look up what time it is and I'll let you know."

Ashton frowned but nodded and closed the bathroom door. He'd wanted to know how long he could take in the shower, but he supposed he would take a relatively short one just in case.

Luke pulled his laptop out of his bag and opened it up, going to the Connection website and seeing if it said anything about late night. The home screen advertised it, telling him late night was from 10pm-12am.

"ASH!" Luke hollered, having heard the water turn off a couple moments ago.

"What is it?" He opened the door a crack, steam escaping into the bedroom. Luke couldn't see him and assumed he was still in his towel.

"We're not going,"

A second later, Ashton popped his head out of the room, confused frown gracing his face.

"What do you mean we are not going? I have made plans for us to go to late night,"

"Yeah, well apparently late night takes its name literally, and it starts at 10pm. That's far too late, it's dangerous going out at night, Ash."

Ashton groaned, slamming the door shut. Luke shrugged, figuring he was going to have to deal with a pouting prince all night. He didn't figure his roommate was used to being told 'no', but it was something he'd have to deal with. He couldn't always get what he wanted.

The door flicked open and Ashton, now fully clothed, returned into the room.

"Well I am going," he announced. Luke had been watching something on his computer, but he looked up at the prince before returning his attention to his screen.

"No you're not. We aren't allowed to go anywhere without each other, and I'm in charge and I say it's too dangerous."

"Well I do not care. I am a person, I have rights and it is not necessary for me to always bend to your whims. My friends have told me to visit them tonight, and I will be doing so,"

Luke scoffed.

"No, you're not. Because as I said, I call the shots and we're staying in."

Ashton pursed his lips together, mind spinning. He glanced at the clock, it was 7:50. He had to wait about 2 hours before initiating his plan.

A bit before ten, Ashtons eyes zoned in on his roommate, watching as he sat up, stretching and set his laptop beside him. The brunette tried to stay calm and poised, attempting not to stare as the blonde lazily padded into the bathroom, shutting and locking the door.

Ashton was quick to spring into action. He jumped up from his bed, not caring to replace the covers and grabbed his phone, wallet, and the dorm key before grabbing his shoes and slipping out the door. He shut it gently and shoved his feet into the sneakers Luke had made him buy, not even bothering to undo the laces. The back of his heel was hanging out, but he didn't care as he grinned and ran down the steps to the first floor.
He was really doing it, he was escaping his guard and was going to hang out with his friends. He was free for the first time in his life!