Desperate Indeed

Gulf started pursuing Wayo in his own way. Gulf was well versed in art of flirting and he did it with grace. Wayo liked Gulf as friend but wasn't romantically interested in him at all but he was hesitant to outright reject him in case he Gulf's feelings. Gulf was coming to today to his house to hang out.

"Hi phi. " Wayo ushered Gulf in the living room.

"Hey, how have you been? "

"Not so good, phi. Too much assignment and projects to deal with."

"Awwww, my baby is struggling."

Wayo blushed at that, " Phi, don't call me that. I'm not your baby. "

"But you will be."

"So why don't you show me your room? "

"Huh? There's nothing to see. It's simple."

"I would love to see it."

Wayo took Gulf to his room and before Gulf could close the door Mew barged in.

"What are you doing here? "

"He's my elder brother." Wayo explained.

"WHAT? How come I didn't know that? You never mentioned him. "

"Well, he never came up in the conversation."

Mew went to the chair and sat down while scrolling through his phone.

"Well, why are you here right now? I mean can you leave? " Gulf said in a annoyed tone.

"No."

"Why? "

"Because it's my house. You can leave any time you want."

"Wayo, your brother is so rude."

"Well, he's not really, it's just that..... "

"I'm rude to people who aren't worth my time."

"It's not like I'm dying to talk to you. "

"Even if you were I still wouldn't give you time of my day."

"YOU."

"Do you know who I'm? I'm Gulf Kanawut. People are desperate to be my friend."

"Maybe it's you who is desperate."

Gulf didn't know why but Mew's hit him hard. He knew it wasn't true yet he couldn't say it was a lie. It was like there was something ge couldn't admit to even himself. Gulf felt sudden need to get away from those scrutinizing eyes.

"Wayo, let's hang out some other time. I have something important to get to. Bye." Gulf bid a hasty goodbye to Wayo and left.

"Phi, you shouldn't have been so rude to him."

"Stay away from him. He is a playboy."

"I know phi. I don't see him in that way. I like someone else."

"Who is it? " Mew asked in bewilderment. Wayo wasn't vocal about his feelings and likes.

"P'Pha, he's my senior. He helps me a lot and is really kind."

"Hmmmn. Let me meet him when you are sure about him. "

"I don't think he likes me like that." Wayo pouted sadly.

"How can anyone not like you? " Mew ruffled his hair lovingly.

Next day, Gulf went in search of Mew. He wanted to show him his place. He didn't get sleep last night because of Mew's words. It irritated the hell out of him. Why did he care about what Mew thought?  It shouldn't matter at all yet it was all he could think of yesterday.

Mew was sitting with his friends in cafeteria having lunch when Gulf approached him.

"I need to talk to you."

"But I don't want to talk to you."

Gulf was annoyed at his reply.

"I wasn't asking you. I'm telling you that we need to talk."

"...... " At lack of response, Gulf pulled Mew from the table and kept pulling him to the empty classroom.

"Speak." Mew folded his arms and leaned against the wall. It made Gulf nervous. He wasn't sure what should he say to Mew.

"It's that.... I just wanted- well, stay away from me."

"If my memory serves me right, it's you who dragged me here to have a talk."

"I wanted...... I didn't drag you...it's not- well, I meant-"

"Stop stuttering like a lovesick person who is going to confess."

"What? Why would I confess? Never. "

"I may not accept it even if you dared to confess to me. "

"Like hell I would. You aren't my type."

Mew pushed Gulf to the wall, caging him between his arms, "Pray tell me, what is your type? "

Gulf could only stare at his eyes. They looked so captivating that he couldn't think about anything else. Mew's voice was just perfect blend of soft and sharp. It sent you over the edge and Gulf was right on the edge at that moment.

"Well, I like dangerous kind."

"What sort of danger do you crave? Something like this? " Mew crashed his lips on Gulf's. The kiss was  everything Gulf needed and more. Pushing off Mew didn't even cross his mind. He pulled him closer and ran his hands through Mew's hair.

"Was it dangerous enough? " Mew pulled off and left Gulf standing there dumbfounded.