Start of Something

"Are you happy? "

"I don't know. "

"You are smiling in that annoying way of yours. "

"I don't smile annoyingly. "

"Keep telling yourself that. So what would you say ro him? "

" I'm not sure yet. Does it sound crazy? "

"In every sense. Sounds like plot of clinched rom-com. "

"Hey, that's not true."

"How many people in real life ask someone to pretend to be their bf or gf? Absolutely zero. No one does that in reality."

"But it's happening to me."

"That's why it's weird as hell. Had this been a novel, it would have made sense, you know. Your life is weirder than a book. "

"Tine, I'm serious here. "

"So am I. It's such a abnormal thing to ask any one to do. Why doesn't he actually get a partner? "

"I don't know. He doesn't have anyone right now. "

"Then maybe he should try old fashioned dating. Like normal people do. "

"Tine, don't be snarky. He's in problem. He needs my help. I should help him, right? "

"Who are you trying to convince, Gulf? Look, I'm just saying that you aren't over him yet and this fake relationship is going to hurt you in the end. "

"I'm over him. I don't like him anymore. "

"I can read you like a book, Gulf. You still like Mew a lot. I'm afraid this facade will give you hope that he may actually fall for you. You know, reality isn't that pretty. You may fall deeper for him but I don't think Mew would love you back just because you guys are fake dating. "

"I know, Tine. I don't have such hope where Mew is concerned. He was there for me when needed him so I want to return the favor, that's all."

"Gulf I'll support you no matter what you decide to do. I'm with you. Just don't get hurt. I'll kill Mew if he hurts you again."

"Love you, Tine. "

"I purple you, Gulf. "

Next few days were uneventful. Gulf gave his reply to Mew. Mew couldn't believe when Gulf agreed to his request. It seemed surreal to him. He knew it must have taken lots of courage on Gulf's part to agree to this arrangement and he was truly thankful for his help.

Mew subtly let Evangeline Salvator know that he was in a relationship. He would drop few hints here and there, nothing to obvious.

"Mew, who is this guy who has got all your attention? "

"My boyfriend. "

"Are we still playing that game? "

"I wasn't aware we were playing any game to begin with."

"Oh come on, Mew. You are telling me you got a boyfriend out of blue. "

"We have been together for a year. He is shy so I don't like to make him meet everyone."

"Who is he? "

"Gulf Kanawut. "

"Never heard of him.  What sector his company is in?"

"Doesn't matter. I love him. "

"You do know Mew you have a status to maintain."

"I don't care about that, Evangeline. Our love is more than enough."

"Why don't you invite him for charity event this Saturday? We all will get to meet him. "

"I'll ask him. If he's comfortable then you can meet him. "

"You keep acting like he is something as fragile as glass. "

"He's far more precious than gems so you can understand why I'm so protective of him. "

"Stop being so cheesy, Mew. "

"When it comes to him, I can't help it."

Next day

"This Saturday? "

"Yes, she won't let it go. I think sooner you guys meet the better."

"But it's too soon. I'm ready to face anyone. How am I supposed to act? "

"Don't worry, Gulf. I'll be there with you."

"Still I'm freaking out. I'm not a good actor. What if I mess it up? "

"You won't. I'll handle everything. Don't panic. Let's get you a suit for the event."

"I already have plenty of suits I could wear to the event."

"It's a high class event, Gulf. "

Gulf bristled at that, "Just because I'm not rolling in money like you are doesn't mean I can't afford a decent piece of suit. "

Mew winced at the hurt expression on Gulf's face, "I'm sorry, Gulf. I didn't mean it like that. "

"Whatever."

"I'll pick you up around 6 on Saturday."

"Fine."

"Gulf, are you still angry? I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'm not angry. I'm nervous. "

"It will be all fine. You'll have me by your side. "

"You won't leave? "

"Never."

'If only it meant something more than that.' Gulf couldn't help but think.