Lies after Lies

Gulf was quite enjoying himself. The party wasn't bad as he had imagined. He met lots of people and though he found it hard to interact with new people, it came easy to him when he was talking about business. Jk and Tae were really kind and fun to be around. Gulf had been shaken when Mew started interrogating him. It made him furious at how rude and selfish Mew was being. They had nothing to do with each other so it shouldn't matter to him what Gulf did or where he went.

After the party was over Tine and Gulf left for their house. After dropping off Tine, Gulf went back to his apartment. He was dead tired after being social for hours. He had a relaxing bath and turned in for the night. Next morning, he got a message from Jimin. He was irritated at his antics. Couldn't he just leave Gulf alone? What more dod he want now? He had already destroyed their relationship.

Gulf didn't reply and went to college to attend afternoon classes. He was surprised to see Mew talking with Jimin in the parking lot. He decided to leave without being noticed but Jimin saw him and called his name.

"Gulf, please I need to talk to you."

"Leave me alone. "

"It's urgent."

"Get lost. I have nothing to say to you."

"How do you both know each other?" Mew asked dubiously.

"I'm leaving." Gulf turned around but was stopped by Mew.

"I asked you something."

"And I don't care enough to answer."

"Seriously Gulf, can't you just for a minute talk normally? "

"Why should I? I hate to even see your face. "

"Why are you so angry with me? For break up? It was your fault anyway so why are you taking it out on me? "

"What the hell is wrong with you? I confessed to you and you threw me out of your apartment and now you're asking me why I'm angry? "

"It was fake relationship."

"But I loved you for real. I gave my heart to you twice. I thought you would care for me. I was surely mistaken. "

"You love me? "

"Are you stupid or something? "

"But you got back together with Tar."

"What? How do you even know Tar?"

"That doesn't matter. You were already in a relationship and then you came and confesseconfessed to me, tell me what should have I done? "

"Tar is my ex boyfriend. We broke up ages ago. Why are you even bringing him up? "

"Well, that's my fault. " Jimin intervened.

"What do you mean? "

"When you guys got into this fake relationship, Lhong and Eva weren't happy. Eva wanted to marry Mew for his money and company. Lhong wanted to make sure Mew married Eva."

"Why would Lhong want that? "Gulf asked.

"Eva agreed to invest in his business if he helped her. If she became the Suppasit, it would benefit him immensely."

"So what has that got to do with anything? " Mew asked impatiently.

"Lhong was pissed off when he got to know about Gulf so he did a background check on him. He contacted Tar and me. He asked me to lie to Gulf that you were using him to win a bet."

"What bet? "

"I told him that you were in this fake relationship to make him confess to you again and then reject him."

"What the hell? Gulf, it's a lie. I never had that intention. I didn't make any bet with anyone. "

"Whatever. You don't have to justify yourself to me anymore." Gulf dismissed Mew.

"I'm sorry, Mew. I shouldn't have lied to him regarding you but Lhong was blackmailing me. I had no other option. I told Sarawat that Gulf was two timing you."

"It was you? "

"Yes, Sarawat trusts me a lot and I know you trust him completely."

"What about that photo of Gulf and Tar? "

"Eva approached Tar and paid him to help them."

"It was you guys? I was shocked when Tar approched me out of blue. I tried to ignore him but he wouldn't budge so I agreed to meet him to know what he wanted. He just asked me about myself and how I was doing and left. I was shocked at his behavior."

Mew was still not able to accept whatever he had been told just now. He couldn't believe people he considered friends would do something like that to him. Lhong was his childhood friend. How could he betray him like this? Eva was his friend for so long yet she used him like this. He looked at Gulf and felt his heart break. He wanted to say something but everything he could say seemed to inadequate.

"That's why you rejected me? " Gulf asked Mew.

"Yes. I saw that photo and Sarawat told me that you were two timing me so I didn't even think about anything and-"

"Fine. I'm leaving now. I have class to attend."

"Gulf, I think we should talk."

"Mew, misunderstanding is cleared. So let's live our own life now."

"But the way I acted was because of those lies. "

"Exactly. Those lies were enough for you to throw me away. When Jimin told me you're using me to win a bet, I  didn't doubt you. I trusted you. But seems like I wasn't trustworthy enough."

"It's not like that-"

"Mew, please let's not do this."

"I'm sorry, Gulf."

"Okay. I accept your apology. But I don't want to talk to you anymore. Let's stay out of each other's life. I'm done with this."

Mew stared after Gulf retreating form. He wanted to stop him but knew it was stupid thing to do. He still needed to get his thoughts in order. He needed some time to think about all he had done.

Would it be too late by the time he knew what he wanted?