Euphoria Masquerade

Gulf was getting ready when Tine barged into his room.

"Woah, you are dressed to kill." Tine exclaimed.

"Don't exaggerate. "

"You are looking fab. Stop wearing those oversized hoodies and shirts. You should wear these types of outfit often."

"Not my style."

"Hmmmn. So why the sudden change?"

"No reason. Just felt like it."

"Good. It'll be your empire one day, nothing wrong with claiming it in front of others."

"I know. I like living a simple life that's all."

"So Mew will be there? "

"Yes."

"What are you gonna do? "

"Nothing. Why should I do anything? I have closed that chapter."

"Good."

"What about Sarawat? He will be there too."

"Doesn't matter. He's not important to me anymore. "

"Is it because of me? "

"No. He made me choose between you or him. I hate the fact that he didn't even realize how hard that choice was for me. How utterly devastating it was to choose only one of you. It's not your fault. It's his fault for not understanding how much you both mattered to me."

"Tine, are you okay? "

"Yes. Let's get going or we will be late."

Mew was quite bored at the party. He had come with Eva as his date for the night. He wasn't keen on coming because he was too stressed over last few weeks but his dad said it was important. He had lot going on in his life. He didn't want to waste his time listening to Eva drone on about something he didn't care to remember.

"Are you even listening to me? "

"Yes, I am. "

"No, you aren't. What are you thinking about? "

"Nothing, I was-" Mew stopped in mid sentence. The person who walked inside the hall was someone he had never thought he would see here. He was dumbfounded to react. He wanted to run away and hide. Why was he here?

The figure approached him slowly and purposefully. Mew took a step back. He hated that moment of weakness.

"Why are you here? "

"That's not a way to greet your uncle, Mew. "

"Stay away from me."

"Manners Mew. Don't anger me. That never ends well, does it? "

"Mew, why are you being so rude? "

"Eva, I need some fresh air. I'm going outside."

Mew dashed out of the Hall and collided with someone. Mew stood up and helped the stranger from ground.

"I'm sorry. I was in hurry so I didn't-" He stopped in his tract once more. There was second person he didn't expect to see here.

"What are you doing here?"

"Attending the party."

"Why are you here? You can't just barge in, Gulf."

"Don't worry Mew. I was invited. Now if you will excuse me I don't have time to waste."

"What do you mean you are invited? It's exclusive party. Not anyone can get invited."

"Mew, I would have shown you the invitation card but I don't care enough to prove anything to you. Next time watch where you are going. I hate dealing with unpleasant things."

"How can you talk to me like that after what you did? "

"Excuse me? I did? What did I do?"

"There's no point in going into that."

"You know what, I don't care. If you think I did something wrong, well think whatever you want. Even if there's any misunderstanding between us I'm beyond the point of caring so goodbye, Mew." Gulf sauntered off with Tine inside the Plaza.

He looked devilishly handsome and gave intimidating vibes. Mew was still shocked at his behavior. How can he behave like that? After everything he had done? Misunderstanding? Did he think Mew was stupid enough to believe that? Mew went back inside to see what was Gulf upto.

The moment Gulf entered the Hall, Mr. Jeon approached him.

"Gulf, it's a pleasure having you here. I was pleasantly surprised to know you would be coming. It's an honor."

"Junkook (JK) , it's such a pleasure meeting you. It's been quite long. I thought coming here would be nice. After all your parties are famous in the business world."

"You are too kind. I want you to meet my boyfriend, Taehyung." Jungkook motioned towards a blonde guy beside him.

"Hello Gulf, you can call me Tae."

"Hi, Tae. This is my best friend, Tine."

After the introduction was finished Jungkook insisted on introducing Gulf to other imminent figures in the party. Gulf's father is well respected and esteemed businessman. Everyone knew him and held him in high regard. Everyone knew he had a son but no one knew Gulf by face. Soon people were flocking around him.

Mew was shocked to see JK being so friendly with Gulf. Even with Mew he maintained polite distance so why was he being so nice to Gulf?

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to introduce the only heir of BTS Group. I'm sure everyone knows Mr.Anil Kanawut. He's only son of Mr. Anil." JK said.

Mew was frozen at his spot. BTS Group Heir? Gulf? His Gulf? Nothing made sense. But it seemed improbable. He couldn't believe this. Gulf was billionaire? More like multi millionaire.

He walked to Gulf, "Is it true? "

"What? "

"You know what I mean. "

"Yes."

"You are rich? "

"Yes."

"You never told me. "

"So? "

"How could you not tell me this? "

"What was I supposed to tell you Mew? That I was rich? "

"You hid this from me."

"I didn't hide anything. I didn't pretend to be poor or anything. I lived the way I always have that's all."

Mew was at loss of words. He knew Gulf was right. "So you have decided to let the world know you are rich now? "

"Well, that's none of your business."

"Gulf, I swear fix the way you talk to me or else-"

"Else what? "

"I don't know what I will do. "

"I don't want to talk to you anymore."

"I wasn't done talking."

"But I am. Stop embarrassing yourself, Mew. We are over. You said we should stay away from each other so let's just do that. I have nothing to say to you at all. You don't have to find excuses to come and talk to me. It's pathetic to watch. "

Mew was fuming with anger. He wanted to shout at Gulf but he couldn't. Partly because Gulf was right and he couldn't cause scene at the party. He looked at Gulf and realized he fit right in like he has always been part of this crowd. He belonged here. But what about Mew? Did he belong anywhere at all?