Turn of Events

After getting rejected by Mew, Gulf sulked for a week. He had been angry at Mew for not accepting his feelings. He had called him many times and also left messages starting from a pleading tone leading to angry venting.

Tine tried to make him see that Mew was right in his place, "He had never actually claimed to like you, it was all assumption on your part. You can't blame someone else for your misconception."

"He cared for me. He cheered me up. We ate together. He took me to book cafe. Those are signs. "

"They aren't if you don't look at them that way. Friends do that all the time. We do it all the time. "

"But with Mew it was different. He had that look in his eyes. I could see it."

"Now you sound delusional, Gulf. "

"You don't get it."

"Yes, I don't because it doesn't make sense. You are hurting and I know that. You fell for him. But you need to move on Gulf."

"Is it karma? Am I getting punished for breaking so many hearts? Or was it Mew's idea of revenge? Maybe he planned it all. "

"Gulf. Get real. I don't know about karma but why would Mew deceive you? He didn't even know you. "

"He kissed me. "

"WHAT? "

"Before I played that prank. He had kissed me in college. That's why I was angry with him."

"You didn't tell me this. "

"I forgot. "

"Like hell you did. Why did he do that? "

"That's absurd. I mean he doesn't seem like a guy who goes around kissing people randomly. "

"Can you see it now? He kissed me, took care of me, made me fall for him and then rejected me. Does this make any sense to you? "

"That kiss changes everything. Why kiss you if he didn't like you? And if it was a moment of weakness for him then he should have just avoided you. Why did he stay with you? "

"He's making me go crazy. "

"Ask him. "

"Already did but he isn't replying to my call and texts. "

"Go and confront him. You deserve an answer. I'll come with you. "

"After college tomorrow."

Next day both Tine and Gulf went to Medical College building to confront Mew. Mew came out with Sarawat. Both were discussing something. Gulf marched up to Mew and made him halt in his way. Mew looked at Gulf without any expression on his face.

"Mew, I need to talk to you."

"I don't have anything to say to you. "

"But I have. You can't avoid me like this."

"I can." Mew walked past Gulf but Tine blocked his way.

"You need to answer for your dubious behavior. You can't play with him like this."

Sarawat chuckled at this, "Playboy being played. "

"Shut up. No one is talking to you."

"Do you even know whom you are talking to Tine Teepakorn? "

"I could care less. I'm not here to talk with you." Tine dismissed Sarawat.

"You and I need to have a conversation." Sarawat dragged Tine to his car.

Gulf went to stop him but Mew held him back.

"What? Is your friend crazy? How dare he talk to Tine like that? "

"Gulf, let's go."

"Wait, I need t-"

"Tine isn't a baby. He can handle himself and Wat wouldn't hurt him ever."

"I don't trust him."

"Doesn't matter."

"Fine let's talk about us then. Why did you reject me? "

"I thought I already made it clear. I'm not interested in you. "

"Okay, then why did you kiss me that day? "

"........ "

"What happened? Cat got your tongue. "

"It was a mistake. "

"Woah, you really are something. How can you kiss me like that and say it was a mistake? "

"It's not like it was your first."

"That is beside the point. Doesn't matter if it was my hundredth kiss, you weren't allowed to do that. "

"You weren't complaining that day. "

"Because I was shocked. "

"Whatever. Are we done? "

"Can't you give me a chance? " Gulf said in a small voice. He didn't want to fight with Mew. He likes him a lot.

"No."

"Why not? I'll care for you. I'll do anything to make you happy."

"Then get lost. "

Gulf couldn't stop the tears from falling. Mew's words hurt like hell. Was he so bad that Mew couldn't even think of him as someone he could fall in love with? He couldn't blame Mew nor he could move on. It was suffocating and painful.

Gulf went to his parents house that day. He missed them so much. He needed them now more than ever. His mother was pleased to see him. They had extravagant dinner and while they were sipping coffee, Gulf's father told him about a decision that was going to unsettle his life.