OPM/RWBY Volume 2 Chapter 4: Painting The Town

Third Person POV

"Thoughts"

"Talking"

Ruby: "Penny I-I don't understand."

Penny: "Most girls are born."

Penny: (looks at her hands) "But I was made, I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an aura. (Sadly turns her head to the side) but I'm not real."

Ruby: (Holds her hands) "Of course you are, you think just because you've got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me?"

Penny: "I don't......um....you're taking this extraordinarily well."

Ruby: (Laughs) "Let's just say I'm getting a little used to hearing or seeing things out of the ordinary." Ruby said as she thought of Y/N and how Grimm would just cease to exist when he punched them.

Ruby: "Also you're not like any of those things we saw back there, (Taps her chest) You've got a heart and a soul, I can feel it!"

Penny: "Oooooh Ruby you're the best friend anyone can have!" Penny exclaimed as she hugged Ruby and shook her back and forth.

Ruby: (Muffled) "I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower."

Penny: (lets go of Ruby and smiles) "Oh he's very sweet! My father's the one who built me, I'm sure you would love him!"

Ruby: (Chuckles) "Wow he built you all by himself?"

Penny: "Well....almost! He had some help from Mr. Ironwood."

Ruby: "The General? Wait is that why those soldiers were after you?"

Penny: "They like to protect me too!"

Ruby: "They don't think you can protect yourself?"

Penny: "They're not sure if I'm ready yet....one day it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world, and test myself in the tournament."

Ruby: "Penny what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace!"

Penny: (Slightly tilts her head in confusion) "That's not what Mr. Ironwood said."

???: "Hey check down here!" A soldier yelled.

Penny: (Grabs her shoulders) "You have to hide!"

Penny effortlessly picks up Ruby and starts making her way to a nearby dumpster.

Ruby: "Penny wait! What are you doing?! You don't have to go with them! I can help you!" Ruby yelled as Penny tossed her in the dumpster.

Penny: (Lifts the dumpster lid) "It's okay Ruby. They're not bad people, I just don't want you to get in trouble. Just promise me you won't tell anyone about my secret okay?"

Ruby: "Not even Y/N?"

Penny: "D-Do you really think Y/N will accept me as well?"

Ruby: "Of course he would! He's a really nice person so I highly doubt he'll judge you."

Penny: (Smiles) "Well if that's the case then you can tell Y/N as well."

Before they continue their conversation the soldiers were running up to Penny and she quickly closed the lid and walked over to them, Ruby peeked a little out the dumpster to watch.

Soldier 1: "There she is!"

Penny: "Sal-u-tations officers!"

Soldier 1: "Why were you running? And what happened to the other girl?"