07

Mal's POV

It soon turned dark so we snuck into the kitchen to make the love spell "Alright, it says that we still need one tear, and I never cry" I said "Let's just chop up some onions" Carlos suggested "No, it says that we need one tear of human sadness, and this love potion gets the best reviews so we have to follow it exactly" I said mixing the dough "A tear's a tear" jay said and rolled his eyes "that's not true jay, they both have antibodies and enzymes but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear" Evie said handing me more flour "Listen to you" I said in a singsong way and grabbed more flour and put it in the bowl "Yeah I knew that" Jay lied "did not" Carlos said and hit Jay's arm "Yeah I did" he said with a smug look on his face. The door opened "There you are Mal, I was looking for you" Lonnie said so I put a paper towel over my spell book "You know all the girls want you to do their hair!" Lonnie said "Midnight snack huh? What you guys making?" She asked as she saw me stirring the dough "Nothing special. Just cookies-" but before I finished Lonnie dipped her finger in the dough and tasted it "Oh, no, no!" We all said and panicked, she just looked confused "What? I'm not gonna double dip" she reassured us "Feel anything?" Evie asked her "Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" I asked Lonnie "Hey there" Jay said in a flirty tone stepping closer to Lonnie which just made her smile awkwardly "It could use some chips" she said and went to grab some "Chips?" I heard jay whisper "And those are?" I asked because the thought of putting chips in cookies sounded really gross "chocolate chips" oh well that makes more sense "Just the most important food group" she said as she walked over with a bowl of chocolate chips, she grabbed a handful "Wait didn't your moms ever make you guys like chocolate chip cookies?" She said as she poured the chocolate chips in the bowl making me and Evie panic on the inside "like when your feeling sad and they're fresh from the oven with a big old glass of milk and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective" she said and while she was explaining we looked at her with sad eyes because our parents never showed us any type of affection growing up "why are you all looking at me like that?" She asked confused to why we were all looking at her "it's just different from where we're from! I said looking at the bowl "Yeah, I know. I just you know, thought even villains love their kids" she said making us all look down "Oh" she said looking at all of us "How awful" she said with a tear running down her cheek and holding my hand, once I saw the tear I quickly grabbed it and put it into the bowl "Yeah well big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by really, really have a good night, I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams" I waved her goodbye as she left the kitchen, I turned my head back to look at them "Okay, boys, cookie sheet, Evie oven" I instructed them.

Your POV

I woke up early in the morning as usual, so I got up did my morning routine, got dressed and headed down stairs because I wanted to see Ben before he starts his big game today. "Good morning Ben!" I said as I saw him eating breakfast "Good morning y/n! What's got you in a good mood today?" He asked me "Nothing just wanted to say good morning to my little brother before his big game" I said teasingly because I knew how he hated bing called 'little brother' I saw him playfully roll his eyes and get up "I would love to say but I would like to go check up on the vk's before my game so bye!" He said and waved "bye Ben! Good luck!" I waved, I didn't even notice how hungry I am until my stomach grumbled making me go over to the buffet and pick out my breakfast.

Mal's POV

I went to my locker then jay came up to me and said "Are you feeling kind of weird about this?" So I turned to look at him "I mean, it's not so bad here, you know" he said and smirked "Are you insane? Long live evil!  Your mean! Your awful! Your bad news! Snap out of it!" I snapped my fingers in front of jay "Thanks Mal. I needed that" he says making both of us chuckle so I pat him on the shoulder. "Do you think they actually paid for those?" I can hear Audrey say "Hello" jay said with his flirty voice making all the girls swarm around him "the names jay, you all going to the tourney game tonight?" He asked and all the girls replied in yes "Keep a lookout for number 8 alright? Scoring the winning goal" he said, I could basically see the smug look on his face "She did it to Jane's hair too and fairy godmothers not happy about it" I hear Audrey tell Ben "what's the harm?" Ben asked "it's gateway magic! Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know it's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then... where will I be?" She ranted  "Listen, Audrey-" "I will see you at the game after my dress fitting for the coronation okay?" "Okay" Ben replied "Bye bennyboo" she said and pecked Ben's cheek "bye" Ben said, I grabbed the cookie out of my locker and closed it "Hey bennyboo!" I mocked Audrey "Hey" Ben said walking over to me "I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chip, do you want one?" I asked him holding up the cookie "Oh, I uh, I've got a big game, I don't eat before a big game, but thank you so so much. Thank you, next time, next time" he said about to walk away "No yeah, I completely understand, Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains" I say "No no no" ben started but I cut him off "No I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that" I say pretending to be hurt "No, that's not it. No no no I... I really do" he said but I cut him off again "No. I get it. You're cautious, that's smart, Oh well more for me I guess" I said taking the cookie out of the bag almost biting it until Ben grabbed it "No, no, hey" he said eating the cookie "see that? Totally trust you! Totally" he said chewing on the cookie, I saw Carlos, Evie and Jay getting closer to us "How are they?" I ask Ben "They're good, they're great! They're amazing, they're uh, I mean, they're chewy and, and you know they- is that walnuts? I love walnuts" Ben said and laughed "I mean, uh you know the- the chocolate, the... the chocolate... the chocolate chips are" Ben trailed off "I'm sorry, um" he whispered "Uh they're... they're warm and soft and they're sweet" he said struggling to get the words out of his mouth "Mal have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?" He said looking at me, he was almost gonna take a bite out of the cookie again until I grabbed it putting it back in the ziplock bag "how you feeling, bro?" Jay asked ben "I feel.. I feel- I feel like... like singing your name" "Mal, Mal" he sang but it was all muffled because I put my hands on his mouth and tossed jay the cookie.