09

Mal's POV

We were back in our room sitting on my bed while Evie was applying blush on my face because she said I looked pale "Okay! Easy on the blush" I said pulling her hand away "I don't wanna scare him away. Not that I could" I said while she applied more blush on me"Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes" Evie said which was true her mom did teach her how to apply blush at a very young age. She put the blush away and got a lipstick out putting her finger on it "My mom was never really big on makeup tips" I said as she dabbed a bit of lipstick that was on her finger on my lips "I never had a sister" I struggled to say as she was till dabbing lipstick on me "Well now you do. We're gonna need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off, my mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way" she ranted and then caught her breath "Just ask Snow White" she said making me smile "Are you afraid of her?" I asked "Sometimes" she replied honestly "Are you afraid of your mom?" She returned my question, I thought for a minute "I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And sh- yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me... In her own way" I say looking at the ground making Evie hold my hand and pull me up "Moving on. Come see" she directed me towards the mirror "Are we done?" I asked "Yeah" she responded, I looked in the mirror and held my black leather jacket and laughed "I know" she says hugging me from behind and resting her chin on my shoulder "I look..." I started "Say it" "Not hideous" I said "Not even close" Evie said shaking her head. Then I heard a knock on the door which was probably Ben.
I opened the door to see Ben holding two helmets in his hand "For the first time I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful" He said making me laugh "I hope you like bikes" he said looking at the helmets, I walked out of the room and took one, I shared one last look at Evie before we walked away.

We were riding through the woods on Ben's moped or 'bike' whatever they call it, I held onto Ben's torso so I wouldn't fall off. When we got off he led me through some trees then I saw a bridge leading to the other side. We walked across the rickety bridge "Tell me something about yourself that you've never told anyone" Ben said "Um.." I thought for a second "My middle name is Bertha" I told him "Bertha?" He repeated not believing me "Yeah. Just my mom doing what she does best. Being really really evil. Mal bertha" I said laughing "Mine's Florian" He blurted out "Florian?" I asked also not believing him "Yeah" "How princely" I joked making us both laugh "Oh, that's almost worse" I said "I mean, you know, it's better than Bertha" he said "Okay" I said sarcastically "But still not- watch your foot" He said as he held my hand helping me  down "you ready?" He asked me while my eyes were closed "Mm-hmm" I hummed "Open" he whispered so I opened my eyes to see this

 Mal bertha" I said laughing "Mine's Florian" He blurted out "Florian?" I asked also not believing him "Yeah" "How princely" I joked making us both laugh "Oh, that's almost worse" I said "I mean, you know, it's better than Bertha" he said "Okay" I...

Making me gasp and look at him in disbelief "Go on" he nodded towards the place. We were sitting at the picnic thing that Ben made while I was eating what seemed to be a donut "Mm" I moaned at the taste (You dirty bitch I know what your thinking 😀)
"Is this your first time?" Ben asked me as he was just watching me eating ( weird mf ) "Mm.." I thought for a bit and swallowed the donut "We don't really date much on the island it's more like... Gang activity" I said making him laugh "Um, I meant, is this your first time eating a jelly donut?" He asked "Is it bad?" I asked as I sucked my thumb to get the leftover powder on it "You got a..." he said moving closer to me "Just a..." he wiped something off my lips "Do this" he said licking his lips so I copied him
"Gone?" I asked making him laugh "You can't take me anywhere I guess" I shrugged "You know, I've done all the talking. Your turn. I really don't know much about you" He said "Tell me something" he said "Well, I'm 16, I'm an only child and I've only ever lived in one place" I told him "Me too! Except for the only child part. But we have so much in common already" he said "No, trust me we do not" I laughed "And know your sister's gonna be queen" I said changing the subject "Yeah" he looked down "What?" I asked him "A crown doesn't make you a queen" he said "Well it, kinda does" I said making both of us laugh "Your mother is mistress of evil, and I've got the poster parent's for goodness. But we're not automatically like them, we get to choose who we're gonna be. And right now, I can look into your eyes and I can tell your not evil. I can see it" He said, well now I feel bad. "Let's go for a swim" he said "Hm? What? Uh... right now?" I panicked because I don't know how to swim "Yeah right now" he said unbuttoning his shirt "I think I'm just gonna stay here" I suggested "No no no come on" he offers me his hand "I think I'm gonna stay behind and try a strawberry" I said grabbing one from the basket "I've literally never tried a strawberry before" I said biting the strawberry "Mm!" I said convincingly "Mm.." I looked at the strawberry and wow were they delicious
"Don't eat all of them" Ben joked and walked away "Okay" I mumbled and continued eating the strawberry "Ooh!" I moaned grabbing two more and eating them like it was the last thing on earth. I saw Ben on a big rock about to jump so I stood up and he waved at me "Are those little crowns on your shorts?" I shouted, he looked down "Maybe!" He shouted back "ROOAR!" He roared making me laugh as he jumped off the rock and into the water making a big splash.

[Play the song and read after]

I crouched down and looked for Ben but I didn't see any sign of him "Ben?" I mumbled "Ben?" I said a little louder "Ben!" I said so loud that it echoed, I decided to jump down into the water, it was fine at first but then it got deeper making me squirm around until I felt a pair of hands around me, I looked up to see Ben carrying me bridal style. He set me back down on the 'island' (idk what else to call it) "You scared me!" I said and slapped his arm "You... you can't swim?" He asked me pointing at the water "No!" I said "You live on an island!" He said "Yeah, with a barrier around it remember?" I reminded him "And you still tried to save me" He mumbled "Yeah, and do you thank me? No! All I get is soaking wet!" I said gesturing to my clothes "And, uh, this fancy rock" he pulled out this glowing rock "It's yours" he said putting it in my hand "Make a wish and throw it back in the lake" he said, I just looked at it and threw it in the water, I sat up and moved towards the picnic area "What.." I said as I felt Ben wrap his jacket around me. We both sat back down and I shivered "Uh, Mal, I told you that I loved you. What about you? Do you love me?" He asked me, I looked at him then turned my head "I don't know what love feels like" I said avoiding eye contact. He put a finger under my chin making me look at him "Maybe I can teach you" he told me and we gazed into each other's eyes until we headed back.