Crow up on The Shore

Up on the shores of the human world, an old crow sat on a rock overlooking the ocean. They're not exactly sure how he ended up here and doubt they were from this region as they were a black crow in a sea of white seagulls.

But the old crow was old so they didn't bother moving location, doubting they'd even make the journey. The crow didn't mind as staying here meant he could educate a curious merman of the human world, a subject the crow was an expert on.

Speak of the devil, he was right there. A little far to the crow it seems like but again, he's old.

"Tomioka!" The crow cawed, "Swim closer I can't see you." The crow hadn't even noticed he made contact with something.

"We're as close as we can get." Sabito pushes the crow away from his face.

"Ah and Sabito. What brings you here?" The crown suddenly noticed Sabito's presence.

"You know, following this idiot into abandoned ship wrecks to get rusty human junk." He replied sarcastically, pointing his thumb at Giyuu.

"You were the one who told us to go there." Tomioka shot back, opening his bag to reveal the stuff he had gathered.

Emptying his bag on the rock there was,

A rusty tube with work out glass on both sides, a small wooden shaped saxophone and a thin circular piece that made a rattling noise when hitting the rock's surface.

"This is what I brought. What are they?" Tomioka said excitedly.

"Again, I risked my life for this." Sabito said under his breath. Giyuu chose to ignore him.

The crow took a good look at each item before picking up the first item, the rusty tube.

"This. This right here is a mallet. Human use these to show authority to others by hiring them on the head. It's okay thought. Humans have very thick skulls."

Sabito suddenly showed interest grabbing the 'mallet'.

"Now this," He picked up the wooden shaped saxophone, "is a dinglehopper. Special human are allowed to use these because of their balding head and they are very secreted. They light a fire in the big hole and gross clouds come out of it." The crow blows in it to demonstrate to produce a big bubble that burst in Giyuu's face. He was too fascinated to mind.

"See only the secreted."

"Lastly, this flat circle is candy. It's really good. I saw a human in a back alley bite and then lick it. He seemed like a nice fellow with his big hat and multiple sharp rocks (knives). Here, try it." The crow gave the 'candy' to Tomioka

He bite the thing before spitting it in the ocean out of disgust. That was not candy.

"It tastes full of sand, bacteria and... metal-ly."

"Well it's clearly gone bad. You should've gotten to it sooner." The crow cawed.

"Hey what time is it?" Sabito piped in, getting bored.

"High tide going into high tide. No, low tide going into high tide. The sun is going down." The crow replied.

The two both had a single sweat mark on their faces, probably reminding themselves to never ask the crow for time or directions. They looked at the horizon to see that in fact, the sun was going down. Tomioka suddenly realized something and dove back fully into the water, saying goodbye to Kanzaburo and Sabito following behind him.

The reason they were in a rush was because they had promised the crowded guard that they would return before high tide. The crowded guard had been kind enough to let them leave the kingdom for 'unspecified' reasons but if they were late, they would feel his wrath.

—————————————

*The items were a telescope, smoker from the movie, and a coin