Wedding are only interesting if someone is there to ruin it

Giyuu was sitting alone with his feet in the water defeated. He was kicked out of the palace and was informed by the castle he was not to come near it ever again or else they would take his life.

So here he was. Feet in his natural element until his time was up.

Maybe his father was right. Maybe humans were selfish beings willing to kill whoever. He wanted to save the princess, but what could he do. She's under a spell surrounded by guards who were told to kill him on sight and above all else, he couldn't say a single word. He couldn't even reach her as they had taken a boat to sea.

Tomioka was gripping the small rocks on te shore and threw them in frustration. Suddenly, a merman rose from the water, humming a happy tune until he say his friend.

"—Giyuu? What are you doing here? Why aren't you with the princess?" Sabito asked confused.

Giyuu wrote down the situation on a notepad for Sabito to understand. He read it and said, "And you're not going to do anything about it?"

Giyuu shook his head in defeat before feeling a pain on his cheek, knocking him down. Sabito had slapped him in anger.

"Seriously! You're just giving up like that?! Your precious woman is out to marry a psychopath and you're not going to do anything?!!"

"Don't you dare say there's nothing you can do! That's bullshit! I have been by your side for so long and I've seen you risk your life for human shit you somehow love! How is this any different?! If anything, it's more important because that woman you love is a person!! How could you turn your back on her when she is in the most danger!!?"

Giyuu was still in shock from the slap and Sabito yelling, but all of his speech came together to him.

He felt... ashamed. Ashamed that he gave up so quietly. He had build a relationship with Shinobu and yet turned his back on her when there was a wall. They were already between a thicker wall when he was a merman. He could still be there for her. He still had time.

Giyuu looked down at the bracelet he shared with Shinobu. He remembered that moment in the room when Shinobu was brainwashed. She was tugging on his finger, trying to reach out to him. Tomioka stood up, ready to crash a wedding.

"Looks like you finally came to your senses." Sabito said proudly.

To get to the boat, they needed a way to get Giyuu there as he couldn't swim like Sabito. Being a human, Giyuu no longer had slight control over the tides so using that would be pointless.

"Get in the barrel." Sabito said holding on and using rope to make a backpack. Giyuu looked at him with a judgmental expression on his face.

"We don't have time for this. Get in the fucking barrel." Sabito was growing impatient. Reluctantly, Giyuu got in the large barrel now tied to Sabito's back.

The ride was long and painful, Giyuu constantly getting sea water in his mouth. Just then, Kanzaburo flew overhead and noticed the two. They flew down to Sabito and he told him to "Make Shinazugawa stale the ceremony."

—————————————
Up on a large ship, a wedding was taking place. It was actually impressive that this wedding was set up in roughly 12 hours.

Shinobu was brushing her hair in her changing room but she didn't feel anything. It felt like she was walking someone else from the sidelines as a ghost. She looked slightly pale.

Shinobu glanced at her wrist to see something she has not taken off yet. It was a bracelet. She subconsciously tugged on it before letting it go, not remembering its significance.

She was soon called for the ceremony and she stepped out with not a signal thought in her head. She just gave off the atmosphere of a porcelain doll. Or to others, a puppet.

Standing at the alter was her soon-to-be-husband. It was strange as the smallest voice in Shinobu's brain was telling her to run. The priest began saying his speech.

However he was only able to get a sentence in before the groom was hit with a blast of wind.

With another blast of wind, all the "guests" disappeared, aside from Kanao. Everything was an illusion. Kanao stared at the source of the wind impacts however she had no time for that as she had a sister to save.

Kanao took out the sword she was wearing as part of her outfit as sprung into action, being an addition to the mysterious gusts of wind. Her first action was to separate her sister from this creep who just waltzed into their castle. Shinobu just stood there as if waiting for an order.

"I guess since you have a sword, there's no point in me holding back." The creepy blond grinned as the shell around his neck glowed. Out manifested 2 golden fans with razor sharp edges.

The two launch at each other, colliding in the center, however it looked like Douma was starting to get the upper hand. A gust of wind came behind Kanao and knocked the man down. The shell around his neck flickered for a moment and Shinobu's fingers start to move.

It isn't enough however and Douma and Kanao (along with the assistance of Shinazugawa) continue to fight.

They eventually step back to catch their breath (mostly Kanao) and Douma smiles cinerary at the sunset.

With lightning speed, Douma grabs Shinobu and holds her in front of him. Kanao tried sprinting but was out of breathe.

"Now that I have shield, it will be much more fun don't you think?" He laughed, taunting Kanao.

Shinobu remained emotionless, even when Douma directed her face to face him. He licked his lips saying "It's a shame you have to leave this world. Such a pretty fa—"

A sword pierced threw his chest and threw the golden seashell.

Douma stepped back with the sword still in place and the golden shell shattering on the floor. A golden sphere rose from the shattered piece and went back into Giyuu's throat. Kanao had rushed to Shinobu in the meantime, getting her out of harms way as they both watched the scene unfold before them.

Taking in one large breathe, Giyuu turned his head sharply,

"Shinobu!" There was so much relief in his voice and Shinobu's face shifted to one of great realization. Giyuu feared it was one of resentment. However Shinobu rushed towards him.

She sprung up and gave him a hug, Tomioka happily returning it after his shock of her hugging him. He buried his head into her hair.

They pulled away to look at each other,  violet swimming in ocean blue. Giyuu gave her an awkward smile.

"I- I can talk. And I've always loved you." Giyuu hasn't really prepared a speech so he just said what was on his mind.

Shinobu lovingly held the hand cupping her cheek. The moment was short lived as they both turned their heads to the figure on the floor.

Having her mind back, Shinobu got a better look at him and came to a sudden realization that had her livid.

"You."

—————————

*woo I got a good idea for next chapter

Sabito mvp in this chapter

That's all I have