Squiggly Lines and Triangles ARE a Language

Entering the castle, the servants where definitely confused when they saw the princess being a crutch for this man in a torn toga (and kanao behind them). Regardless, they followed the princess' orders when she told them to make him take a bath and to then bring him to the hospital wing. They suggested to let one of the other doctor examine him but Shinobu insisted on doing it herself.

Giyuu was definitely confused when he was put in a container of water. Having lived water his whole life, why would he ever need to take a "bath". For one, the water didn't taste or smell salty. There were also scented bubbles that sometimes floated in the air. They also do not taste good.

"What a strange man." Whispered one of the hand maids off to the side, seeing Giyuu just eat a soap bubble.

"Yes, indeed," replied the other standing next to her. "I wonder why Princess Shinobu brought him in."

Dumping other bucket of water on Giyuu's head to rinse off the soap on his head, Giyuu learned his human eyes were weak to water. He rubbed his eyes before having his hands taken away from his face to scrub off any dirt.

After cleaning him, a hand maid gave him a white button down shirt, belt, grayish pants, and black shoes.

Tomioka's hair tie had snapped while in the process of washing his hair so he just had messy hedgehog hair.

Escorting him to the medical wing, Giyuu walked into the room he was instructed to and closed the door. He was getting better at using feet.

His eyes drifted across the room to see Shinobu hopping repetitively to grab a new book from the high bookshelf.

"Why do I put books high when I can't reach them when I need to?" Shinobu mumbled to herself.

Suddenly she felt a presence looming over her and an arm reaching over her head. She turned started to see Tomioka looking dumbfounded when they made eye contact.

He awkwardly handed her a book from the shelf she couldn't reach, unsure if this was even the right one.

"Woah, you startled me," she laughed it off "and thank you." She took the book from his hands.

"Go sit down in that chair." Tomioka did what he was told and Shinobu started the examination.

It was pretty uneventful, except for the fact Tomioka wasn't used to being touched by a woman. She held his chin and would occasionally tilt it. She would ask him to try to make any sound but of course, Giyuu vocal cords were missing.

The examination concluded when she asked him to open his mouth wide and flashed a bright light in it. She sighed and he closed his mouth.

"Well it seems you are incapable to speak but not seem to have concision. You must've really been through something."

Giyuu thought about her statement. He did have to deal with a creep to get him legs (+the fact his father disowned him). He nodded.

"My sister Kanao's voice got strained because of the ship reck. Apparently she injured her vocal cords when she didn't see me and was calling out to me. It is a real shame." Shinobu looked sad when see said that.

Giyuu gave her a face and gesture that seemed to say "go on".

Shinobu gave him a slight smile, "Kanao doesn't talk much to begin with. I was going to continue to help her find her voice but because of this, I'll have to wait a few weeks. I'm just worried about her."