Plans

Hey all! Here's the new chapter!

Many thanks for reading! Let me know if you have any questions or ideas! :D

Read on!

---------------

"She's stubborn, huh." Alex turned off the heat of the stove. "Didn't even mention it."

"Yeah, she is. Reminds me of someone else." Kara moved, so she was laying on her back on the counter, the cold feeling wonderful.

Alex scraped off some of the food she had cooked onto a plate, then dropped the skillet into the sink. She froze once she saw Kara. "You know, it's just unfair." Alex walked closer to the puppy.

Kara turned over to lay on her front, giving Alex a confused look. "What?"

"Sit up for me real quick."

Kara sat up, her ears perking up as she looked up at her big sister. Her tail wagged a bit behind her.

"Do your puppy eyes."

Kara was tempted to snort out of amusement before stopping herself. Her puppy eyes in her regular form were surprisingly effective, but now?

A quick test was needed.

Kara looked down towards her paws, doing her best to adjust her facial features, which felt odd to do. She did her best to press her ears against her head. She made her eyes wide and pleading and a bit watery. Once she felt she was ready, she looked up towards Alex.

"...That is effective." Alex's voice sounded strained. She was sure Kara's eyes sparkled for a quick second. It was unfair that she was still weak for Kara's puppy eyes.

Kara let a whine escape and tilted her head. It sounded desperate and real.

"Okay, stop that," Alex booped Kara's nose, making Kara sneeze. It was too cute.

"Why do you keep doing that?!" Kara pawed at her nose furiously, wanting to get rid of the itch. Alex snickered and reached with her hand to poke at Kara's nose again. Kara lunged at the approaching hand, trapping Alex's entire arm in a hug, standing on her hind legs. "No more."

"If mom could see you now." Alex scratched at Kara's ears with her hand that wasn't trapped in a hug. Alex froze. "Oh crap, mom."

Kara froze. Oh right, Eliza.

"We should facetime her."

"Yeah." Kara woofed and let go of Alex's arm.

"I'm gonna go drop off the food, and then we'll facetime her." Alex picked the plate and grabbed some utensils, and made her way to the room Lena was resting in.

Kara waited patiently, hoping that Lena would like the food. Alex wasn't known for her cooking skills; she would know.

A few minutes later, Alex came back, chuckling. "Winn was telling Lena about Wendy's national roast day and what happened at Catco."

Kara couldn't help but grimace, remembering how tense Catco had been. 'That was...a scary day,' Kara thought.

Kara and the rest of the Catco employees had been horrified when one of the PR people of Catco reached out to Wendy's Twitter to roast them. When Cat had found out what that employee had done, she had been annoyed before seeing Wendy's response. Then she quietly walked back to her office with a coffee Kara had gotten for her. Cat Grant had closed the door, yelling for no one to disturb her.

Kara and everyone else could only watch as @CatGrant and @Wendys went at it on Twitter for hours, with Wendys bowing down by the evening. There were many times when employees would struggle not to let out a sound at a comeback. It was difficult to do her job as Cat's assistant while hearing Cat talking to herself about her next comeback.