Sunlight and Fear

Once Kara was done with her dog food and drank her water, she padded over to the large windows of Lena's office. She had avoided getting close to the windows, her puppy instincts suggesting she keep away from them. While she was eating her dog food however, she had noticed more and more sunlight reach Lena's office. Seeing the sunlight made a sudden urge rise.

She wanted to feel the sunlight on her fur.

Once she reached the warming floors, she laid down, feeling the sunlight on her fur. Kara huffed, feeling content. 'The sunlight feels so good.' Kara moved to lay on her back, wanting to feel the warmth on her belly. She felt the warmth from the sunlight on her belly, making her close her eyes, a sudden urge to sleep rising in her.

Dozing in the sunlight was something she wasn't able to do much.

Being Cat's assistant was surprisingly tedious, with the CEO requesting she do odd things, and at random times of the day sometimes. Kara could recall one time when Cat had asked her to buy some rope and a hammer. It wasn't that odd of a request, but Cat had called in the middle of the night.

Kara had done her job, had bought the items, and dropped them off at Cat's penthouse, and didn't even think about asking questions. The CEO gestured for her to take one of her precious pastries the next day, something Kara took as the CEO's version of a thank you.

And being Supergirl took up the rest of her days. Sure, she was outside most of the time, fighting aliens and criminals, but there was never really time for her to just be.

To relax. To take up the sun, something her body craved at times. But now, being a puppy, with having no idea on how to contact her sister or her friends, there was nothing else to do but wait and think.

'I'll just ...nap a little.' Kara allowed her drowsiness to take over, falling asleep.

----------------------------------------------------

Lena turned on the TV across from her desk, leaving it on mute, as a commercial started. She was nearly done with her lunch before she started receiving notifications on her phone. She picked up her phone, and noticed that she had received 101 photos from Jess. She unlocked her phone and scrolled through the images, her grin growing into a smile. The photos were so adorable.

One image had Kara sitting down, with her bowtie collar and a pair of small sunglasses on her snout, a wide puppy smile present.

Another had Kara without her bowtie collar, with only the sunglasses on her snout. The puppy seemed to be serious.

Another had Kara with her bowtie collar on, with a rose in her mouth, her blue eyes practically sparkling.

Lena continued to scroll though the images, taking a bite of her food every couple of seconds.

The last image was of Kara laying on her back, a wide smile on her snout, her paws raised, as if asking for a hug.

'She is so adorable.' Lena put her phone back on her desk, and leaned back in her chair. She glanced a little to her left, and saw Kara laying on the floor, on her back, asleep. The puppy's belly rose and fell as the dog dozed.

Lena chuckled to herself. 'Just seeing her sleep makes me happy.'

Lena looked away from the puppy and looked at the TV, seeing that the local news was playing.

Rhino Causes Damage in Downtown!

Lena raised an eyebrow at that. She reached for the remote for the TV and turned on the subtitles, not wanting to disturb the puppy's nap.