At LCorp Continued

Jess and Kara walked out of the office, with Kara shooting the two guards a wide puppy smile. Both security guards smiled at the adorable puppy. 'Oh, I didn't realize, they don't have name tags.'

Jess led Kara to her large modern looking desk, which Kara had glanced at when she had exited the elevator. Jess led Kara around her desk. Jess opened a bag of dog treats that she had stashed in one of her desk drawers, and took one treat out.

"Here, Kara." Jess said gently as she held out the treat to Kara, who sniffed at it.

Kara spotted a dog bed resting under the desk. Jess placed the treat on the dog bed and let go of the leash, and Kara padded over to bed, sitting down and munching down on the dog treat. 'If I pout, will she give me another one?' Kara thought once she was done eating the treat.

Jess had remained standing by her chair when the elevator let out a Ding! Jess walked back around the desk, getting closer to the elevator.

Kara turned around in her bed and peered through the seams of the bottom of the desk. The desk had a large wooden board that blocked most of Kara and Jess's chair. Kara spotted a pair of legs exit the elevator.

"Good morning, Mr. Wales." Jess's voice was now back to professional.

"Morning uh-" Immediately, Kara didn't like his voice. It was gruff, and something about it just made her want to growl. Kara shook her head, forcing down that instinct. 'Something about him seems off? I can smell him from here, and his scent....smells weird..' She kept her ears perked up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"My name is Jess, Mr. Wales. I am Ms. Luthor's assistant." Jess kept her voice even.

Chad Wales was an attractive looking brunette, twenty something and had a good reputation among the elite, according to her background check on him. He was supposedly a good guy, but Jess was never one to lower guard when it came to Lena. He had been hounding her for the past couple of weeks, through his secretary, wanting to speak to Lena about collaborating for a project. Even the secretary of Mr. Wales had sounded exasperated.

"Lovely to meet you, Jess. I am here for a meeting with Lena." Chad gave a winning smile, brown eyes twinkling, yet Jess kept her blank face. Mr. Chad had a folder in his hands.

"It's Ms. Luthor to you, Mr. Chad." Jess gestured to the two male security guards. "It is protocol for visitors of Ms. Luthor to go through a pat down before seeing her."

Chad lost his smile, looking confused for a second, before saying, "Of course. Do what you need to."

"Alright. Go ahead." Bailey and Stevie did the pat down, faces stoic. Stevie took out a device and scanned the folder. Once they were certain Mr. Chad had no weapon and that the folder was safe, they nodded to Jess.

Jess walked over to the doors of Lena's office and opened them. "Ms. Luthor, Mr. Wales is here." Jess spoke loudly.

"Let him in."

Jess gestured to Mr. Wales to enter. Once Mr. Wales entered, Jess closed the door. Jess walked to her desk, and stopped when she saw Kara's posture. The puppy was laying down, snout facing the door, fur raised a little bit, blue eyes focused on the wall.

Jess signaled for Stevie and Bailey to get closer to Lena's office doors.

Kara would alert Jess if anything happened, the assistant could just tell.

---------------------------------------------------

The next two hours were tense, as Jess worked on settling some paperwork. Once Mr. Wales exited Lena's office, and was going down in the elevator, did Kara loosen up. 'Why were my instincts screaming at me?...Something about that guy...I want to check on Lena.'