Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen: A Walk in the Garden

▯▮▯▮

(Third Person Point of View)

While Sophie had surprisingly slept well, the comforting presence of the blonde boy still surrounding her, Keefe laid awake in his bed, only to fall asleep in the very early hours of the morning due to his wandering thoughts of the youngest Princess.

His mind couldn't stop replaying the intimate moment the two had only hours before. So when the sun began to rise, he was awake and ready before anyone was up, already roaming the castle.

Everything about the Princess captivated him, from her shining blonde hair, down to her perfectly toned legs. Her eyes though, well they were an entirely different story. He had never seen brown eyes glow before, but hers did - like morning sunlight on the bark of a redwood tree or a pool of freshly made chocolate. They were alluring, and when she looked at him, he just couldn't look away.

So, as he wandered aimlessly around the Large Castle, he found himself standing in front of the two Large Oak Doors that had filled his dreams the night before. He was barely able to resist the tugging sensation to knock, the need to see her again clouding his mind. Before he even knew it his arm was raised, only inches from the ornate Door, but he reluctantly stopped himself.

Sighing louder than he intended, he quickly strode away, hoping that she wouldn't open the door to find him on the other side, the worry of seeming Clingy pushed to the very front of his mind.

. . .

On the other side of the Door, the Blonde Princess was pacing lines into her plush flower carpet, sending light pink petals floating through the air. She quickly stopped herself, turning towards the handle, the only thing keeping them apart. Literally.

Sighing, she matched the sound on the other side and walked over to the mirror, not noticing the shuffling sound coming from behind the doors, her own moving feet covering up the sound once again. She groaned at the pineapple-looking knotted nest on the top of her head as she glanced at herself at the full-length mirror, before attempting to brush it out. Quickly giving up, she hopped into the shower, hoping that the water and hair products would untangle it.

Once she was happy with the texture, she clumsily jumped out of the steamy shower and wrapped a fluffy towel around her wet body, almost falling on her butt from the slick floor. Ringing for her maids, she gathered her pajamas that were carelessly strewn across the floor and tossed them into the Laundry Chute that was hidden behind the mirror that was hanging in her unnecessarily large closet.

Audrey, Hannah, and Stella were in her room only minutes after she rang for them, ready to work. Pulling her into the seat next to her Vanity, Stella and Audry began working on her hair and makeup, drying her blonde locks, and getting her ready to face the day. Once her hair was dried and curled, Hannah handed her a light blue day dress, a button-like texture running down the top in a single line.

Coincidentally, the dress was the exact color of the eyes that were perfectly displayed in her dream, her Photographic Memory knowing a match to the Ice Blue color the second it was brought out.

Slipping it on, the dress angelically floated around her and she carefully pulled on a pair of white open-toed sandals, along with a set of gold bracelets and a circle necklace to complete the simple look.

Sighing, she thanks the girls, before having them leave so she could think. Deciding to take a short walk around the gardens before breakfast, she set off, her mind once again running at top speed. Passing by the Healing Center after a few minutes of walking, she took a quick peek inside, only to find her older sister still passed out on the clean white bed, her Mothers' head resting next to the blonde elf's hand, her eyes closed.

Tears threatening to spill at the sight, Sophie quickly ran out of the room, her Elvin skills helping her to get to the garden in only a few seconds. Wiping a few tears that had mischievously fallen onto her cheeks, she sat down on a concrete bench in the middle of a handcrafted field of flowers, a Blonde Boy watching her from several feet away.

Gathering his courage, he quietly made his way over to the crying princess, wrapping his arms around her as he sat down. Startled by the sudden presence, Sophie looked up in alarm, only to bury her face in Keefe's chest, letting the tears fall.

After a few minutes, Keefe heard her soft cries turn into hiccups and he smiled as she lifted her head up, only to place it onto his shoulder.

"Are you alright?"

Looking up, her eyes connected with his, and she couldn't help but slightly smile, despite the falling situation with her sister. "Yeah, I'm okay." She shrugged, tugging on one of her loose eyelashes.

He looked at her with concern, not convinced with her answer, but didn't press any further, as she looked like she might break at any second. Sighing, he stood up and held out his hand for her, which she gratefully grabbed and wrapped her own around his arm as they walked back to the weathered Brick Castle.

Once back inside, he bid her farewell and walked into the Dining Room, letting her come in a few minutes later so it wouldn't look like she was playing favorites.

Stepping inside, she smiled in the direction of Keefe, before turning to the Royal Families table, noticing her father with dark circles under his eyes.

"Dad, I've got this. Go and be with Mom and Jolie." She whispered in his ear and gratefully smiled at her.

"You're going to be an amazing ruler one day. None of these Boys deserve you." He softly said to her, before walking out to join his wife and daughter. Once the large doors closed behind the King, and the Princess had taken her seat, the Gnomes came out of the Trees that we scattered around the room, their arms full of food with Silver tops. Removing them as they began giving the large group their food, Sophie tuned out the rest of the world, letting her mind once again wander to the Ice Blue Eyed boy, and their unplanned Date. 

Sorry about the Short Chapter! It's not my best work, but I wanted to post something for you guys, and SPOILER! It has a bit more Sokeefe! I don't know when I'll post next, hopefully soon, but I won't make any promises, due to my lack of ideas for the next Chapter. So, if you have any ideas for me, please comment or IM me, and I'll try to use them!