Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: Breakfast

▯▮▯▮

(Sophie's Point of View)

"Umm, Thank You for Catching me..." I say while the Boy's strong arms pull me up.

"I'm Wylie. Wylie Endal." He said, Lifting me back up onto my feet.

"Well, Thank You, Wylie," I say, fixing my dress. "Well, I'll see you at Breakfast."

"Okay, Your Majesty." He says, walking down the long flight of Stairs.

I smile and begin to walk towards the Library, taking the slightly longer way to the Dining Room.

Minutes later, I enter the Dining Room, and all the Boys heads turn to look at me, as the Large Doors open.

I Smile, and Walk over to my Parents. I quickly give them a Hug, and turn and Face the Boys. I quickly clear my throat, and begin to speak.

"Good Morning. For today, I will be having a few dates, and one of my Maids will give you a letter later after Breakfast. But," I say pausing, watching the Boys Faces, trying to gather my words, and my eyes land on Dex, who gives me an encouraging smile. "I have decided to have a Competition."

The room fills with low muttering, from the Boys, Guards, and Staff.

I look over at my Family, and they are all smiling, with Little Bex trying to stay still, with lots of excitement about to bubble over.

"This will be in a few weeks, giving you all some time to prepare. I will explain what the Challenges will be later, but for now, let's eat!" I exclaim, and move to sit between Bex and Dex as the servers come out with all different kinds of Breakfast Foods.

"How have you guys been?" I ask, not having been able to see them much since the Selection began.

"Pretty Good," Dex says, as I reach for a Blitzen Berry Muffin on a tray to my right.

"Yeah. I miss you though." Bex says, getting a small scoop of some green Stringy stuff.

"Aww, me too. How about that Sleepover tonight?" I say, and her Face Lights up.

"Yes Please!" She says, and I laugh, and Dex smiles. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see our Parents chatting, and our Mothers looking at us kids, Happiness shining in their eyes.

(Keefe's Point of View)

After the Announcement that the Princess made, all the men at my table burst into a light Chatter about who her first Dates would be, and the Competition she was talking about.

"Who do you think she's going to ask out?" A Black Haired Man named Orrian Elamyar, said, hopefulness laced in his voice.

"I don't know, but I hope it's not me." Wylie said, and we all looked at him with confusion. "I just want time to prepare, that's all." He said, and all the talk began again. I bite into a Ripple Puff, and glance at the Royal Table, and at the Princess.

"She really is Beautiful." I think, and watch her graceful movements, and her connection with her Cousins. I smile, wishing I had siblings, or even cousins, but I don't. I'm an only child, like Sophie, and My Parents. They're the only Family I have.

That's why I want to win. Not for my Father, or the Crown. For myself. I think Sophie is amazing, and I want someone who will love me for me, and not the proper Person I was raised to be. I want someone who wants to have a Family, and even if Sophie doesn't want that, I know I can make her Happy.