Chapter Two

Chapter Two: The Report

▯▮▯▮

"Suck it in Miss," Stella said, tightening the back of Sophie's dress. Sophie did as Stella said, while Audrey pulled Sophie's hair back with a pulled-out twist, and Curling the rest. Sophie was wearing a Grey floor-length dress with gold accents. With her Makeup already finished Sophie choose one of her favorite crowns with Gold in it, and Scattered Diamonds. 

She slipped on some cute grey sandals, and went to go get Dex and Bex. Dex was wearing a nice Dark Blue suit, with Bex wearing a light Pink dress, with her hair in an intricate braided headband made out of her own hair, that was on top of her curled hair. They walked to the room for the Report, and Sophie sat down in her throne, with Dex and Bex sitting in chairs next to her. Since they were related to the Royal family, they got to sit on the stage, and participate in the report. 

"Wait, we get to be on the Report?!" Bex whispered-yelled, once Sophie told them. 

"Yep! I need moral support." Sophie joked, earning a smile from the staff and her cousins. 

"Are your nervous?" Dex asked. 

Sophie sighed, leaning back into her chair. "Of course. I have no idea whatsoever how to handle 35 men. And it's on my own. I'm tempted to have you stay here at the castle to help me, like my wing man." She told him. 

Dex snickered. "Do you really have no idea about Boys do you?"

"Nope."

They were interrupted by the Royal steward, who said, "Welcome King Grady and Edaline Ruewen, and the Queen's Sister and her Husband Juline and Kesler, and their children, Dex, Bex, Rex, and Lex!" 

The adults walked in, with Lex and Rex behind them, looking very cute in their suits. 

Sophie took a deep breath, and as the Report started, she sat up strait, and went over what she was going to say. 

Her Dad went over things that were happening in the Lost Cities, and when he was finished, he motioned over to Sophie to stand up. 

She took another deep breath, and stood, walking over to the microphone. "Hello people of the Lost Cities. As you know, I turned 18 last Month, and my parents have decided to hold a Selection for me," Sophie paused, listening to the gasps of the people in the stands. "So, this means that any Man that is in between the ages of 19 and 21 are eligible to enter. Letters will arrive at your houses tomorrow, and we will draw the names in the next Report. Thank you, and Goodnight." She said, ending the Show. 

Fitz's Point of View

"Come on! The reports starting any minute!" My sister Biana called, eager to see what Princess Sophie and Queen Edaline were wearing. She loved fashion. 

"We're almost ready." Della my mother told her, finishing Popping the Pop Corn. 

We all sat on the couch, wait for the Show to start. Soon the Royals were sitting on the stage. King Grady got up, and began to tell us things that were happening in the lost cities. I started to zone out, when Biana shook me. 

"Sophie's about to say something!"

I turned my attention to the screen. 

"Hello people of the Lost Cities. As you know, I turned 18 last Month, and my parents have decided to hold a Selection for me," Sophie paused, listening to the gasps of the people in the studio. "So, this means that any Man that is in between the ages of 19 and 21 are eligible to enter. Letters will arrive at your houses tomorrow, and we will draw the names in the next Report. Thank you, and Goodnight." She said, ending the Show. 

"Fitz! You have to enter!" Biana screamed. 

"Huh, maybe I will." I thought to my self. 

Keefe's Point of View

Me and my Dad were sitting on the couch, watching the Report, when Princess Sophie got up. 

"Hello, people of the Lost Cities. As you know, I turned 18 last month, and my parents have decided to hold a Selection for me," Sophie paused, listening to the gasps of the people in the studio. "So, this means that any man that is between the ages of 19 and 21 is eligible to enter. Letters will arrive at your houses tomorrow, and we will draw the names in the next Report. Thank you, and Goodnight." She said, ending the Show. 

"You're going to enter that contest. Hopefully, it will bring back some respect to the Sencen name.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I say.

"What ever YOU want Daddy Bossy Pants." I thought. 

Tam's Point of View

Me and Linh were sitting on the couch, watching the Report, when Princess Sophie stood up. 

"Hello people of the Lost Cities. As you know, I turned 18 last Month, and my parents have decided to hold a Selection for me," Sophie paused, listening to the gasps of the people in the studio. "So, this means that any Man that is in between the ages of 19 and 21 are eligible to enter. Letters will arrive at your houses tomorrow, and we will draw the names in the next Report. Thank you, and Goodnight." She said, ending the Show. 

"Wow, that's something new. Are you going to enter Tam?" Linh asked.

"Maybe, I don't know. I don't really want to be a King. I like being you sis."

Linh playfully punched me, rolling her eyes and said, "Come on, let's go eat. I'm hungry!"

I ran to the Kitchen, making her laugh. 

Hi y'all! I hoped you like this chapter! I'm not going to post next week, since I'm going to be gone, but I try to work on this! Bye!

-Bookworm 2007

Word Count: 957