Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: A Talk

▯▮▯▮

(Keefe's Point of View)

As I walked away from the Princess, my Heart Soared. When I had looked over at the Small couch that she and the other Selected sat on, she seemed kind of confused about what to do, and Nervous. But, when I went up to her, she seemed to completely relax, as all the nerves drifted away.

I felt like we really connected, and she seemed happy to be around me. As I look around as Breakfast is served, I see Sophie looking around, and when her eyes drift onto me, and grins and slightly waves just above the table, away from the views of the others.

I grin back, doing the same, but one of the men sitting next to me notices.

(Fitz's Point of View)

After I talked to the Princess, I have a feeling I have a good chance with her. She's really gorgeous and seems very kind. We see her all the time on Television and see things that the Royal Family are doing for the Public, but to meet and see her in person, it's definitely magical.

As I begin to eat, I notice the Princess surveying the room, and I try to seem calm, and polite to catch her eye. But I see her see Keefe, and her small smile grows into a grin.

Keefe seems to wave to her, and a Happy spark lights up her eyes, and a Tidal Wave of jealousy hits me all of a sudden, taking me by surprise.

I quickly cover up my surprise and continue eating. She definitely likes Keefe, but I sure hope that I've made an impression on her.

(Sophie's Point of View)

"All of the boys seem quite nice, but the few that stood out to me, like the Bright Blonde, and the Teal eyed on. Keefe and Fitz." I tell my Father that night, when he quietly visits me in my Chambers, while I'm getting ready for bed.

"Good, good." He says calmly. "Are there any who don't seem like contenders for your hand?"

"Dad, It's not a competition," I complain jokily, causing my Father to chuckle, his face wrinkling with joy. "But, I don't really think that Jensi and Tom really connected with me. I mean, there are a few others, but I could understand them in a sort of way, I guess." I answer, trying to find the correct words to say.

"Okay, Sweetheart. Is there anything that I can do to help you not feel weird with all these Men Around?" The King asks, emphasizing the word, 'Men'.

I look down into my lap. "No, not really. At least for now."

"Okay. I'll see you in the morning, Soph." He said, standing up from the loveseat we were sharing. "Love you."

"I love you too, Dad," I answer back as he walks out the door.

. . .

"So, how do you like all of the Boys, your Majesty?" Stella asks while I'm pulling on a Red Floral Day Dress.

"They're all pretty nice," I answer, sitting on my large Bed Mattress, while I lace up my Light Gray Flats.

I then walk over to my Vanity, and Hannah begins to do my Hair, while Audrey starts on my Make-Up.

Hannah asks while combing through my hair with her delicate fingers, "What are you going to do today with them?"

"Well," I say, "I think I'm going to do a few Dates today, and at dinner tonight, I'm going to Announce a Friendly competition that will result in an Elimination, starting tomorrow."

"So that's what all the talk is about down in the sewing rooms," Stella says, her question finally answered.

I smile, as Hannah gives me a Hair Curling Elixir to drink, while she grabs a bud wreath for my hair.

"I'm sure," I say as Hannah places the wreath on top of my Long Blonde hair.

Audrey quickly finishes my Make-Up, and they all send me downstairs, to Breakfast.

On the way down, I trip over my own feet, only to be caught by a Dark-Skinned Boy.