Chapter One

Chapter One: The Announcement

▯▮▯▮

"Miss, it's time to get up. Your Parents need to discuss something with you at Breakfast." Stella told her, softly. Sophie yawned, and while stretching got undressed, and hopped into the shower, to get ready for the long day ahead of her. Sophie awoke to the soft shaking of her maids, Audrey, Hannah, and Stella. 

Once she got out of the shower, Audrey, who was really good with hair, dried and curled Sophie's hair, pulling part of it back, putting it back, and braiding a small part of it. Stella choose a small Crown and slipped it into Sophie's Hair. 

Once Audrey was finished, Hannah put Sophie in a Light Blue day dress with lace around the waist that was longer in the back and gave her Cream Sandals. To finish off, Stella did her Makeup, while the others tidied up the already pristine room. Sophie smiled at them, and carefully walked to the Dining Room since she was very clumsy. 

. . .

Once Sophie got to the Dining Room, she found a great surprise waiting for her. 

"Dex!" Sophie screamed when she saw her cousin, the triplets, Rex, Lex, and Bex, and her Aunt Juline, and Uncle Kesler. "Oh my gosh! How long have you guys been here?" She said, and she ran to give them all hugs, not caring about looking proper at the moment while her parents laughed, talking with Edaline's sister, and her husband. 

"Hi, Sophie!" Bex called out, running to hug her favorite person in the whole world. 

"How's life here in the Castle?" Dex asked, as he got up and gave her a side hug, as Bex was hugging her as tight as she could. 

"Good. How business at Slurps and Burps?" She asked as she went to give everyone hugs. 

"It's good. Me and Rex don't like helping out that much, but we like making prank elixirs, even though Dad takes them away from us." Lex said, making Sophie laugh. 

She sat down next to Dex and Bex and asked her Parents what they had wanted to talk about, as everyone dug into the meal. 

"Well Sophie," King Grady said, once he had finish chewing, "You turned 18 last month, which means it's time to hold a Selection." 

Sophie gasped, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. "Okay..."

"We will be announcing the contest on Friday's Report, and Sending out scrolls the next day. Then we will draw 35 names, and they will arrive next month." Queen Edaline said. 

"35 suitors?! Sophie, your so lucky to have so many people who want to be with you!" Bex gushed falling into her seat, making Sophie giggle. 

"Though Bex is right, 35 Suitors? That way more than I need." Sophie said, looking at Dex who shrugged and turned toward her Parents. 

"It may seem like a lot, but that way you have more people to choose from," Grady told her. 

"Okay then, but I don't want to get married right away, I mean, I still want to get to know his Family before we make it real," Sophie said, taking a bite of her muffin. 

Everyone nodded in agreement and ended the talk about the Selection. 

"So, how long are you guys staying for?" Sophie asked, breaking the silence. 

"Maybe a week, but it depends on how long you'll let us stay." Kesler answered, running his hand through his tousled hair. 

"Oh, you guys are welcome to stay whenever you like, and your staying for a month, no questions asked." Edaline said smiling, and was answered with a squeal from Bex. She loved staying with her cousin, who always had a sleepover with her, when she stayed, and Sophie always looked forward to spend time with her little cousin. Sophie smiled at Bex, who grinned back at her. Once They were all finished with breakfast, Sophie and her Cousins took a walk around the gardens. 

"It's really pretty here." Dex said, while they sat on a blanket, watching the triplets playing with each other and laughing. 

"It really is. I'm glad that you guys get to stay with us. I don't know how I'm going to survive all these men coming." Sophie said laughing.

"It's okay, I'll help you." Dex answered. Sophie gave him a hug, grateful that he was her best friend. He smiled, and called over the Triplets. 

"Let's go back to the Castle, and we can do makeovers!" Sophie said, looking at Bex, who was grinning ear to ear. Sophie wasn't a big fan of them, but Bex loved it, and Sophie loved seeing her happy, knowing that she needed girl time, since all she had was brothers, so Sophie gladly gave her. Bex grabbed her hand and pulled her into the castle, and Sophie took her to her room. 

Sophie sat Bex into the chair and rang for her maids. They came up with it in a minute and began to makeover Bex. They started with her hair. They curled her hair, while Sophie helped Hannah pick out a day dress and sandals. They found a cute lavender dress and some strappy brown sandals. They helped her get dressed, and Audrey put on a little Mascara and Lip Gloss on Bex, while Stella helped Sophie freshen up. Sophie let Bex borrow one of her favorite silver bracelets, which Bex was completely ecstatic about. 

Bex, you look so pretty!" Sophie told her, earning a grin from Bex, but then her face fell

Bex, you look so pretty!" Sophie told her, earning a grin from Bex, but then her face fell. "What's wrong?" She asked, sitting next to her on the large Canopy bed. 

"It's just, your so lucky to live here. All my friends are jealous that I'm related to you, and get to come to the palace, but I wish I could talk to you more often." Bex said, and Sophie gave her a hug, which Bex happily returned. 

"Well guess what? You can hail me any time, and sometime soon, I want you to invite your friends to the castle, and we can have a big Tea Party, and a huge Sleepover, okay? We can all get makeovers, and it can be during the Selection, so they can meet the boys. How does that sound?" Sophie said.

"That. Would. Be. AWESOME! Thank you so so much, Sophie! You're the best cousin EVER!" Bex said, jumping up and down. 

Sophie smiled. Maybe the Selection wouldn't be that bad.